#3 Starter for Playoffs

#3 Starter for Playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. #3 Starter for Playoffs?

• Dunning
    • Cease
    • Other

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't want to see Cease at all in the playoffs.  He needs to figure it out because he's been awful all year and has gotten extremely lucky to have an ERA under 5.

Yeah his FIP is well over 5 and his K to BB rate is very bad. He does have stuff but he needs to improve his control a lot. Missing the zone by a bit is ok but he has a lot of pitches that miss by two feet. He needs to work on that in the offseason.

I still would want him in a bullpen role for the post season as his stuff could play up in relief.

31 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Why does dunning need an opener?

He doesn't need one but while he has good command his stuff is not super overpowering so I would like an opener taking care of the first 4-5 guys the first time through. Doesn't need that against Detroit and KC but could help against a playoff offense.

12 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

He doesn't need one but while he has good command his stuff is not super overpowering so I would like an opener taking care of the first 4-5 guys the first time through. Doesn't need that against Detroit and KC but could help against a playoff offense.

this is a weird argument.  Do we need an opener for keuchel now too?  Dunning has more “overpowering” stuff than keuchel does.  

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't want to see Cease at all in the playoffs.  He needs to figure it out because he's been awful all year and has gotten extremely lucky to have an ERA under 5.

Same

he has actually regressed from last year.  He looks like dogshit out there.  easily the luckiest pitcher in the league this year

Edited by ChiSox1917

On 9/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Gross.  This organization should be completely embarrassed if they start Cease over Dunning in a game three.

I think they know he has no clue where it’s going.  Probably were holding out hope he’d catch fire against the cubs and parlay that into sone playoff confidence.  Ship, please set sail.