Magic Number: Playoffs - 0; Division - 4

bmags

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It would be incredible to clinch a playoff spot with Minnesota in Chicago to watch it.

Didn't the Sox clinch in 2005 in Minnesota? I seem to remember Paulie popping a beer and sliding into home during the celebration.

Interesting. Guess that makes sense. Win tonight and it really makes sense...and it would mean we’re closer to clinching the division.

I seem to remember in 2005 because of all the tiebreaker scenarios at the time, the Sox didn’t know they could clinch in Detroit until that morning. 

Edited by flavum

4 hours ago, flavum said:

Interesting. Guess that makes sense. Win tonight and it really makes sense...and it would mean we’re closer to clinching the division.

I seem to remember in 2005 because of all the tiebreaker scenarios at the time, the Sox didn’t know they could clinch in Detroit until that morning. 

We thought they had a good chance so took the morning drive to Detroit. About 4,000 there, a few thousand Sox fans, the rest Detroit fans. Will always be a great memory.

• Like 1