Stiever to start Sunday

Heads22

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotcha.  And look, I’m not convinced he’s coming back this year, but by adding Stiever to the 40 man roster we could theoretically have to cut someone beyond just McRae.  And as we saw with Herrera, the willingness to cut bait on guys in their final year of their deal is there.  I’d say that Cishek’s tenure with the team is on very thin ice at the moment.

According to the latest from Hahn both Rodon and Bummer have a chance to be back for the last road trip in Cleveland and Cincy Sept. 18-24 . Rodon was shut down til Monday so we might get an idea as early as tomorrow as to his status if he is able to throw.. Day 45 is Thursday the 17th so Rodon officially can come back Friday the 18th .

Keuchel next start is supposed to be Thursday the 17th also but that's not a foregone conclusion yet.

All of this is from a Merkin article on whitesox.com on 9/11 that I'm paraphrasing.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/carlos-rodon-aaron-bummer-nearing-return

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

IMO, there is no way in hell I could trust him in the playoffs, which means he should be as good as gone come October baring a last minute string of quality appearances.

Maybe I can give you some rudimentary statistical hope for Cishek.

In the last 30 days: Cishek has pitched in 10 games, 9 IP,         3.00 ERA , 1.22 WHIP, 3 BB, 10 K , .235 BAA

Detwiler                          8                8                3.38          1.63           2          7       .314

Cordero                         13               12               6.75         1.50            3         11      .288

Marshall                         12               11             4.09           1.36            2         13      .277

There is the rest of his competition on the Sox. Not sure if this will give you hope for Cishek or despair for the rest of them.

We need Fry to come back too. in his last 30 days he pitched in 7 games, 6.1 innings, 3 BB 9 K ( too many walks but nice K numbers ) 1.11 Whip so not bad even with the walks.  .190 BAA  . Fry hadn't given up a run in his last 9 appearances before his back problems landed him on the 10 Day IL Sept. 5th . McRae took his place and gave up nothing in 3 innings except 1 hit.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe I can give you some rudimentary statistical hope for Cishek.

In the last 30 days: Cishek has pitched in 10 games, 9 IP,         3.00 ERA , 1.22 WHIP, 3 BB, 10 K , .235 BAA

Detwiler                          8                8                3.38          1.63           2          7       .314

Cordero                         13               12               6.75         1.50            3         11      .288

Marshall                         12               11             4.09           1.36            2         13      .277

There is the rest of his competition on the Sox. Not sure if this will give you hope for Cishek or despair for the rest of them.

We need Fry to come back too. in his last 30 days he pitched in 7 games, 6.1 innings, 3 BB 9 K ( too many walks but nice K numbers ) 1.11 Whip so not bad even with the walks.  .190 BAA  . Fry hadn't given up a run in his last 9 appearances before his back problems landed him on the 10 Day IL Sept. 5th . McRae took his place and gave up nothing in 3 innings except 1 hit.

This is true about Fry.  Would think that he's eligible to return this week?

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

Sox should consider calling up Crochet so he can be playoff eligible in case Bummer and Fry are still on the mend at the end of the season/going into the playoffs. 

Do we know anything about how he has been doing though? I’d hate to Fulmer a guy that has some big upside. Don’t mess with a kid in year 1 of the window when he could mean a lot in years 2 through 10

• Like 3