Sox vs Tigers. 9/13 - 1:10

Bad Hombre

LOL at some of the takes in this thread.  Ridiculous.

I see 3 potential plus pitches and I've seen some flashes of a potential well above average change and curve.  I like his ceiling even better than Dunning.

Those of you who don't see that, all I can say is that I hope the Minnesota Twins hire all of you as scouts and let you run their drafts.

Re: trade value, let Dunning and Stiever get a lot of work up here and then think about that later.  We don't need to make trades.  But on paper it's just a name.  Stiever looks about as advertised to me; Dunning looks better; and it's a real shame about Lambert because I already knew he was real good and was being slept on, and he started to show it before getting hurt.  Heuer's value also has gone from "unappealing name on paper in a trade proposal" to "guy I don't want to trade" for many Sox fans I am sure.

I think the new formula for GMing should be to get the prospects up and let them sink or swim a bit before deciding to trade them, plus trade vets in their primes with 2+ seasons remaining, and don't give out 5+ year contracts to FA.  I think that general scenario is far likelier to lead to an extended contention window with enough flexibility to sign a name FA on the second tier or much better yet, trade for a vet another team is trying to dump at depreciated value with money coming back.

I'd like to see the Sox kind of be more like the Rays or A's but still spend money, basically.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic