Sox vs Tigers. 9/13 - 1:10

Bad Hombre

7 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I didn’t get to see the game and was curious how Stiever pitched. The tweets said he pitched well outside of a rough first inning.

when I went back to the game thread posters were cursing the FO and calling him garbage. What gives?

Yes some were.  And a lot weren't.   

25 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I didn’t get to see the game and was curious how Stiever pitched. The tweets said he pitched well outside of a rough first inning.

when I went back to the game thread posters were cursing the FO and calling him garbage. What gives?

Rough first inning - looked like jitters leading to loss of command. The game thread was absolutely ridiculous.

He looked really solid other than that, though I do think it's fair to wonder why his velocity wasn't quite as high as advertised.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Rough first inning - looked like jitters leading to loss of command. The game thread was absolutely ridiculous.

He looked really solid other than that, though I do think it's fair to wonder why his velocity wasn't quite as high as advertised.

I watched a minor league game last year where he was sitting 95 and went higher than that a few times.  Given that he had some arm issues during ST, I see no reason why we couldn’t question what was going on when he was at 92 in the first (considering you usually see higher in a debut due to the adrenaline).  Happy for him and the team he turned it around and gave them some productive innings.  I will be honest, I didn’t see enough “stuff” by him to think he can be a contributor in the bullpen in the postseason.

38 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

The typical drama queens who can't handle minor adversity in their sports teams.

It was a kid who last threw in a real game 12 and a half months ago making his major league debut after having previously peaked at High A ball. He was really amped up to start with, and relaxed as he moved along. He flashed great control after his early wildness. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic