Sox vs Tigers. 9/13 - 1:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I'm not complaining it's he's first start.  Why is it you always hear about guys throwing hard in the minors then it's  considerably slower when they make it to the majors?

You'd think it's the opposite in a first start where the guy is amped.

The same thing happened to Erik Johnson when he came up. The report on him was that he's in the mid 90s, but he was sitting 91-92 in the majors and flopped. 

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Stiever gets out of it on out allowing 1 run.  Probably isn’t ready for the bigs yet but he didn’t completely implode. That’s something. 

He may be ready, this is a tough spot to get the first crack at it. Sometimes nerves gets in the way knowing everyone you ever met is watching closely. 

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I'm complaining it's he's first start.  Why is it you always hear about guys throwing hard in the minors then it's  considerably slower when they make it to the majors?

Because you throw hard due to clean fluid mechanics.  It's his first start and he is so uptight right now he is aiming the ball.  He had one at 95.  The velocity will be there.

• Like 2

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

relax? look at his pitch count. damage is done

Lol dude he's out of the inning. If a pitcher comes up and doesn't throw 100 and pitch a no no everybody is up in arms. Sheesh let it flow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Because you throw hard due to clean fluid mechanics.  It's his first start and he is so uptight right now he is aiming the ball.  He had one at 95.  The velocity will be there.

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I'm sure he will settle down.  Here's hoping. 

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

I dont get how he's so good at hitting tho

just a hitting machine. it reminds me of how people describes legends from the dead ball era lmao. lots of adjustments, hits in all kinds of ways, mind games, point is the man just gets on base 

it's annoying the national narrative on him is still "bUt BaBiP rEgReSsIoN!!!!"

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic