AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Renteria said today that Keuchel's on track for Thursday

I cannot love that enough. This is a huge series. I don't know how tie breakers go, but we need to win at least 2 of the 4 I feel. Sox would still be up 2 games in the loss column with 4 less games to go. But if the Sox could win 3 of 4, they'd tie the season series at 5-5. I would assume the tiebreaker would go to division record? Going 18-2 against half of the division is going to be hard to top. I know I'm getting way overboard on being carried away but IF the Sox can win 3 of 4. They'll be up 4 games in the loss column AND have the presumed tiebreaker with Minnesota. Who knows........just WIN!

25 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

But what about Adam Eaton?

Drake LaRoche was a club house leader. Something about Adam Dunn. The Josh Fields era. Gordon Beckham will save us. 

All Hawk’s bullshit.

It has been a rough decade plus. 

Who cares about what’s past. Enjoy the present.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WilliamTell said:

I cannot love that enough. This is a huge series. I don't know how tie breakers go, but we need to win at least 2 of the 4 I feel. Sox would still be up 2 games in the loss column with 4 less games to go. But if the Sox could win 3 of 4, they'd tie the season series at 5-5. I would assume the tiebreaker would go to division record? Going 18-2 against half of the division is going to be hard to top. I know I'm getting way overboard on being carried away but IF the Sox can win 3 of 4. They'll be up 4 games in the loss column AND have the presumed tiebreaker with Minnesota. Who knows........just WIN!

yeah I don't think they're winning 3 of 4, I just have no faith that the Sox are going to all of the sudden figure out how to get Cruz out or hit Romo, I hope I'm wrong and we sweep these fuckers out

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Baker said:

Sox need 3 of 4 against the Twins to own the division tiebreaker. Not sure I want the #1 seed if we play Yanks (Garrett Cole) or Indians (Bieber) in a 3 game series. 

I won't complain if the Sox get the #1 seed. If that happens that probably means CLE isn't going to be the 8. Before his last 2 starts, Cole had 3 straight rough ones IIRC. He can certainly be hit and hit hard.

3 years ago I'd be hoping with no confidence that they can beat tough pitchers. Now I have a ton of confidence. The Sox are really good and can hit good pitchers. This isn't 2017. Bring on whoever. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I won't complain if the Sox get the #1 seed. If that happens that probably means CLE isn't going to be the 8. Before his last 2 starts, Cole had 3 straight rough ones IIRC. He can certainly be hit and hit hard.

3 years ago I'd be hoping with no confidence that they can beat tough pitchers. Now I have a ton of confidence. The Sox are really good and can hit good pitchers. This isn't 2017. Bring on whoever. 

The problem is we haven't really hit good pitching. 

Just now, fathom said:

No one does, that’s why they’re good :)

That is the point. If anyone is banking on us hitting good pitching they will ne disappointed. We don't hit good pitching, but neither does anyone else. I am thrilled because we hit bad pitching and young pitching, meaning we are a good team. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I guess I’m missing your point. I don’t think anyone is expecting just utter domination by the Sox in the playoffs, but “good pitchers” aren’t unhittable either, And I’ve seen nothing from this offense to tell me they will be completely shut down by a string of “good pitchers.”

They have just as good of a shot as anyone else. 

We’re going to need our lefty hitters to step up though. 

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I guess I’m missing your point. I don’t think anyone is expecting just utter domination by the Sox in the playoffs, but “good pitchers” aren’t unhittable either, And I’ve seen nothing from this offense to tell me they will be completely shut down by a string of “good pitchers.”

The good pitchers we've faced mostly shut us down. Not a big deal but we have to prove we can win those tough games.

Edited by SonofaRoache

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

That is the point. If anyone is banking on us hitting good pitching they will ne disappointed. We don't hit good pitching, but neither does anyone else. I am thrilled because we hit bad pitching and young pitching, meaning we are a good team. 

Sox are showing they can grind.  Get no hit for 5 innings?  Win the game in the 6th.  Blow a lead?  Walkoff in the 9th.  

They've got balls

• Love 2

The Sox are the best offense in the league. We shouldn't be scared of good pitching, good pitching should be scared of us. And frankly, we've beaten the big names like Bieber (it was the bullpen that blew it) and Cole (2019, I believe Eloy took him deep in Houston and he took the loss)

9 hours ago, Tony said:

Yeah. Obviously you won't put up 10 runs every night against good pitching but even against good pitching you usually get a chance to put up 2-3 runs. You just need to be ready at the right time, there will be that situation with runners on first and second and two out and if you hit a bomb there it is 3 runs.

You don't get as many chances though, if you strand bases loaded you likely won't get another chance unlike when you are facing KC and the tigers.

The sox will strike out in the playoffs and the lowish OBP kind of lineup of the sox will create some cold games but they can also break out at any time and have that big inning.

Edited by Dominikk85

2 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah. Obviously you won't put up 10 runs every night against good pitching but even against good pitching you usually get a chance to put up 2-3 runs. You just need to be ready at the right time, there will be that situation with runners on first and second and two out and if you hit a bomb there it is 3 runs.

You don't get as many chances though, if you strand bases loaded you likely won't get another chance unlike when you are facing KC and the tigers.

The sox will strike out in the playoffs and the lowish OBP kind of lineup of the sox will create some cold games but they can also break out at any time and have that big inning.

The Sox have the highest OBP in the AL and the 7th highest in baseball

15 hours ago, chw42 said:

I wish we play the Indians next instead of the Twins. They're slumping hard. 

It's time the Sox do something against the Twins. Ever since the Blackout Game, the Twins have dominated the Sox. If the team is serious about the post-season, beat the Twins first. It is way overdue.

• Like 3