Don’t Fire Frank Menechino Thread

bmags

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Many of our young players have grown with this staff. These coaches get at least next year to see where it goes. Barring a terrible year, likely more years. At that point, re Menechino, I want to see our young guys mature in regards to a two strike approach. I realize Robert is aggressive but the other game he saw four total pitches in four at bats. Overall, I am thrilled with this year. We are basically arriving a year early and reinforcements are still coming/arriving. 

For what it's worth, Menechino was his hitting coach at AAA last year.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Why are we complaining when the Sox are in first place after executing a rebuild plan and blaming one batter on a hitting coach overseeing the top offense in the AL*?

Padres took the lead after their game*

You have identified the precise problem.  I’m increasingly worried the Sox could win the World Series, providing the perfect cover for the org to avoid making my favored personnel moves.  Wouldn’t that be just our luck?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You have identified the precise problem.  I’m increasingly worried the Sox could win the World Series, providing the perfect cover for the org to avoid making my favored personnel moves.  Wouldn’t that be just our luck?

If only the sox followed my preferred personnel moves they'd have the best offense in the MLB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

What a miserable POV.  This one of the best teams in baseball, and instead of enjoying it,you are worried about an internal conspiracy to make the team worse.

11 hours ago, tray said:

Because of the hitting coach?

If hitting coaches are going to get blamed and ridiculed when an offense sucks, then they surely should get credit for when the offense is awesome. Whatever Menechino is doing is working, even if that means backing off when things are clicking. 

I can't say its definitively Menechino's influence but the Sox have had a new trend that I love. They seem to have a concerted effort to call time and step out on the pitcher to throw him out of his rhythm. I forgot which game it was but half the hitters did it the first time through. Just love the fighting and clawing for every edge compared to the trash we saw the first few weeks of the season and the last few years. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tray said:

Luis Robert has been in a small slump.  It was actually good to see him get a walk in a key at-bat.  Can't wait until he starts crushing it again.

Give him protection for the first time since he replaced Anderson at the top.

TA, YM, YG, JA, EJ, LR, JM, Bad NM/AE, Good NM