Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmags pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

It might be better off if we finished 2nd in the division rather than 1st if Cleveland ends up 3rd and our 1st round opponent. Stud righty killers in a short series is literally the worst match-up for us.

but if we finished first it likely means we had success against stud righty killers in last two weeks and get to go against an anemic offense. Just in games, it sorts itself out.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Can’t believe McCann is sitting again vs Berrios

It's 24 at bats; I don't put much into that. Unless you think McCann also destroys and own Gerrit Cole who he has a 1275 OPS against in 12 at bats?

edit: I'll add 24 at bats is approaching a number I'd consider viable so you have an argument. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chw42 said:

McCann should probably start vs. every pitcher with a curveball secondary. He crushes them.

There's a reason why he has hit Berrios well.

He's been owned by sliders in his career, but true curve's he has been positive almost his entire career. This year he's + vs the Curve but negative vs the slider. I guess it's hard to say what to classify Berrios off-speed as, but the slower one I'd guess McCann has been crushing.

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

It might be better off if we finished 2nd in the division rather than 1st if Cleveland ends up 3rd and our 1st round opponent. Stud righty killers in a short series is literally the worst match-up for us.

It would be a little cringey if Cole or Bieber is their first opponent, but the next dozen games are good rehearsals. Try to win 2 of every 3, and maybe the last Saturday and Sunday vs the Cubs they can rest a guy or two that need it and protect the bullpen. They definitely won’t do anything stupid the last weekend just to win the division or get the 1-seed. That’s just icing on the cake if it happens.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything but as long as the Sox are in 1st place, I will continue watching the games as I have been since the beginning of the Tiger series...tv on but sound off...following the game thread on my phone...with my wife on the couch reading a book next to me...hope to continue into October!!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd lock in a split in a heartbeat.

I'd take a split. Twins gain nothing and games are knocked off the schedule. But I'd really like the Sox to make a statement in this series, not only for this season but for the next. Keep the Twins in the ballpark and you can take three of four. Love to have this first one. Let them know who is in first.

I'm a bit insecure about the fact that our excellence this year comes almost entirely from beating up on the Royals, Tigers, and Pirates, and I'm jumping all over the place in regards to who we should want to face in the first round, but...I wonder, how do other teams look at the prospect of playing us in that same round?

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Not that I'm superstitious or anything but as long as the Sox are in 1st place, I will continue watching the games as I have been since the beginning of the Tiger series...tv on but sound off...following the game thread on my phone...with my wife on the couch reading a book next to me...hope to continue into October!!

all of it sounds good but for the maddening game threads; these threads drive my blood pressure through the rough. You'd think it was 2016 in most of them.

my wife usually goes to the room and comes out for 1 or two innings to say how long the games are then retreats back into the room; only to continually ask is that it? then comes to watch the last inning lol.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I posted this in the game thread last night but Rosario hurt his wrist last night colliding with Buxton, he was pulled from the game right after

We'll take it.  Lord knows Sox have had the injury bug.  Also Stone is openly calling out Renteria on an almost daily basis now.  Somehow tells me Renteria is not a lock to return, perhaps only a deep post season run would save him.

Edited by chitownsportsfan