Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dyson would literally be the worst hitter in baseball if given the opportunity, at least there is theoretical upside with Mazara.  And if you make a change you just go with Engel in RF.

I was just making the most ridiculous alternative to the ridiculous continued daily insertion of these two.

Actually, I’m pinning for the days of Nicky Delmanico, he did SOMETHING this year.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, Heads22 said:

As was said when the lineup came out, it was a perfect day to start both Grandal and McCann. The risk of losing the DH isn't high enough to justify putting someone hitting like EE in the lineup. You have a perfectly cromulent option to replace more of Mazara's at bats in Engel as well.

Bring Zack Collins back up.  He can sit on the bench and be a power bat off the bench and your emergency catcher.  Then run with Grandal and McCann as your plan.  Send Mazara to Sch.  

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Engel would be exposed playing everyday but at this point give me his elite D. 

I don't disagree but he's much more likely to hit one deep than Nomar at this point and as you say his defense is elite.

I'm not sure Collins would provide much, sadly. Small sample size for sure, but he hasn't exactly looked locked in, in his few opportunities. Quite the opposite, actually.

Andrew Vaughn is just hanging out, waiting on a call that has a finite expiration this season.

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The pitcher batting would be the equivalent to EE or Mazara batting anyways at this point.....hell it could be an upgrade 

Ricky will roll with the vet day in and day out hoping they will eventually live up to the back of their card.  I am fearful that Cishek is going to get important innings in the playoffs because of his past.