Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I didn’t even comment on the matter, but it does seem weird to have Dyson on the roster if you’re not going to use him as a late inning defensive replacement.  I get Eloy was going to lead off the 9th theoretically, but why play as if you’re going to give up two runs?  

I just made a post about this in the Stone/RR thread. I actually think leaving Eloy in the game improves your overall chances of winning the game. It’s a great discussion to have, though. I wouldn’t mind if it became its own thread. 

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Let’s not forget that the biggest idiot today is Baldelli.  Left that lefty in there to blow the game.  He MUST be fired.  Absolutely terrible.  Inexcusable.   He is NOT the right manager for them even if they’ve been great for years now.  Total moron.  He could be replaced by my butthole and the team would be better.

I know, cuz I’m watching from home 

I'm not sure why he left Rogers in for Anderson. Everyone in baseball should know that Anderson hits .500 off lefties by now. 

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

I'm not sure why he left Rogers in for Anderson. Everyone in baseball should know that Anderson hits .500 off lefties by now. 

That leads me to our bullpen. I know bullpens are used differently these days. It is getting normal to see teams roll out 3-4 innings for the 6-9th. But I still think the percentages make it more likely that a reliever can blow a game because he is having an off-day. We used to see a starter go 7 and a set up man do the 8th and the closer the 9th. Now instead of 2 "relievers" we often see 4. Last night we saw  Heuer stumble but Marshall saved him. But Rogers stumbles and blew the game. 

I think overall we have seen our pen use multiple relievers in close games and overall they have done a very good job. specially when the starter is out in the 5-6th  inning.