Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just need to play sound baseball. This team is good enough to compete with and beat the Twins. It's just that whenever we play this damn Twins team, we give away extra outs on defense. In both games where Giolito pitched, our 2nd base defense absolutely failed him. Just go out and play solid defense and we will be fine this series. At the very least, make the Twins earn it. Don't just give it to em on a silver platter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

We just need to play sound baseball. This team is good enough to compete with and beat the Twins. It's just that whenever we play this damn Twins team, we give away extra outs on defense. In both games where Giolito pitched, our 2nd base defense absolutely failed him. Just go out and play solid defense and we will be fine this series. At the very least, make the Twins earn it. Don't just give it to em on a silver platter.

I think there's a bit of a mental block.  Sox are as talented or more talented now.  It will just take a little to get over it.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

all of it sounds good but for the maddening game threads; these threads drive my blood pressure through the rough. You'd think it was 2016 in most of them.

my wife usually goes to the room and comes out for 1 or two innings to say how long the games are then retreats back into the room; only to continually ask is that it? then comes to watch the last inning lol.

Love it that she comes in for the last inning.  My wife pops her head up to ask me questions like "why does that guy (Eloy) always point at his arm when he hits a home run?  Ask your friends on that site."  :D  I didn't ask but did google it to get her an answer better than my original response..."that's Eloy!!!"

Game threads can be maddening, but I forgot to mention that I have started the last 3 games with a beer, but kept it at 1 to not get too sucked into the game thread madness. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, would also love to see McCann catch Cease, with Grandal at 1B and Abreu DH.

And Parrot should be hitting 7th at this point, unless Ricky is sending a message to Rick.

Does anyone here recall the cartoons in 2006 with Ozzie playing a pirate and Hawk a parrot saying "Can of Corn" and his other cheesy phrases?

This is the closest Encarnacion should get to the field

Photos courtesy of http://www.scottietheparrot.com/portfolio/whitesox.htm.

WhiteSox20070707_Medium.jpg

WhiteSox20080809a_Large.jpg

30 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

Steve Shade...I mean Stone. 😁

Stone Pony laying on thick in the pre-game banter

Well, there are only 14 games left so I guess it's good to rest the best hitters a lot. It's good to have at least 2 or 3 of the best OPS hitters sitting out every game. It's really important to get Mazara, Mendick, Sanchez, and Encarnacion a lot of at-bats. Really important.
gcgmFg8c_bigger.jpg
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, would also love to see McCann catch Cease, with Grandal at 1B and Abreu DH.

And Parrot should be hitting 7th at this point, unless Ricky is sending a message to Rick.

Does anyone here recall the cartoons in 2006 with Ozzie playing a pirate and Hawk a parrot saying "Can of Corn" and his other cheesy phrases?

This is the closest Encarnacion should get to the field

Photos courtesy of http://www.scottietheparrot.com/portfolio/whitesox.htm.

WhiteSox20070707_Medium.jpg

WhiteSox20080809a_Large.jpg

http://palehosesix.blogspot.com/?m=1 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

Love it that she comes in for the last inning.  My wife pops her head up to ask me questions like "why does that guy (Eloy) always point at his arm when he hits a home run?  Ask your friends on that site."  :D  I didn't ask but did google it to get her an answer better than my original response..."that's Eloy!!!"

Game threads can be maddening, but I forgot to mention that I have started the last 3 games with a beer, but kept it at 1 to not get too sucked into the game thread madness. ;)

That's better than my wife. She asks "what to the Sox nerds" say about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So cool, thank you very much!

slam.jpg

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does she ever say/scream "What are you doing, Wegner?" That would be cool.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's better than my wife. She asks "what to the Sox nerds" say about that.

Haha, that's classic.  My wife has said "you sure have found some kindred spirits there, haven't you?"  I cannot disagree. :D

53 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I posted this in the game thread last night but Rosario hurt his wrist last night colliding with Buxton, he was pulled from the game right after

I think you're missing the point. SS was using that as example to sarcastically point out that McCann is inexplicably sitting again vs Berrios

Oh, snap, now the cannon pointed at the other Rick.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Oh, snap, now the cannon pointed at the other Rick.

I mean Hahn rescued that dude from the scrap heap and turned him into a 40 million dollar player for his next deal so James should be forever thankful and I have a feeling he will be, if he's a Sox next year or not.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean Hahn rescued that dude from the scrap heap and turned him into a 40 million dollar player for his next deal so James should be forever thankful and I have a feeling he will be, if he's a Sox next year or not.

I see it more as an indictment over paying the highest contract in White Sox history to your second best catcher.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I see it more as an indictment over paying the highest contract in White Sox history to your second best catcher.

You can never have enough good catching.  Grandal is doing exactly what he was brought here to do.  That's take a lot of pitches, get on in front of the mashers, and hit for some power once and awhile.  I don't really see the point in indicting the Sox for having two good catchers.  Grandal is a nice fit in this lineup of mostly free swingers.

Renteria needs to make better use of the DH would be my opinion, but you know Jose for whatever reason really wants to start 90% of games at 1B.