Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

You can never have enough good catching.  Grandal is doing exactly what he was brought here to do.  That's take a lot of pitches, get on in front of the mashers, and hit for some power once and awhile.  I don't really see the point in indicting the Sox for having two good catchers.  Grandal is a nice fit in this lineup of mostly free swingers.

Renteria needs to make better use of the DH would be my opinion, but you know Jose for whatever reason really wants to start 90% of games at 1B.  

I agree with your take, just don't think the Sox have the payroll or luxury of keeping their best catcher due to the other contract, unless you have Abreu taking significant games at DH. Then you have another player they are trying to placate, Jimenez, both injury prone and terrible in LF. 

It seems like Abreu is more open to DHing this year, though they need to field the best team, and with McCann and Grandal on the team and no corner substitute for Eloy, the best team is Abreu DHing and the Parrot doing pre-game promotions on a stick.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think they have the strike zone box set a little low on the NBC broadcast?

It is way too low. The bottom of the zone is at the middle of the shins.

Edited by sj91