Sox vs Twins. 9/14 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

EE gets at bats because our wonderful GM can't stop signing shitty stop gap veterans.  Even after he came out and said they weren't going to do that.  Then he proceeded to do just that the last two years.  EE doesn't get released because Hahn doesn't want to admit yet another failure of a FA signing. 

It's not his fault Ricky keeps playing him with better options. 

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

I really wanted Edwin to break out. I’ve always liked him. But enough is enough. Can’t be starting him everyday, especially not in a production spot. 

I loved the signing at the time. But he's fucking done. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

And a RF with no homers.  Kind of amazing the offense is as good as it is.

Yoan underperforming, Edwin and Nomar non-existent. I know Abreu and probably Anderson are over performing right now (not by nearly as much as the others are underdoing it), but this offense would be absurd if all of those were at their usual levels.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I expected more out of Encarnacion. He can still show you the power but it’s not very consistent. I wasn’t sure about Mazara though. I think the Sox became infatuated with him after he hit that 500 foot homer against us

If this goes to extras and we lose a 12 inning bullpen game and EE goes 0-5 while a 900+ OPS guy just rots away on the bench, well then.

I dont see how Hahn hasn't released him yet to be honest. you're paying him for what, to lose you ball games? makes zero sense.  

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

We literally had negative production out of RF & DH spots last year and Hahn still couldn’t find a way to get positive production.  I don’t blame him for the Edwin signing, but regardless it is an impressive feat.