Chances for Subway (Crosstown) White Sox/Cubs series this year

tray

The series has been generically referred to as a "subway series" for decades by fans and some in the media, including the late Jack Brickhouse, who announced games for both the White Sox and Cubs. But anyway, some people have to be little wizeass b1tches and pick,pick, pick instead of trying to contribute any useful or original thought.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Why anyone would want to see the Cubs in the Series is beyond me.  I want them to be a perennial seller dweller while the Sox win every year.  I much prefer to tune out their existence than fanticise about facing them in the World Series. 

Seriously? I get that it would be different this year due to covid. In a normal year it would be even more awesome. Having both fanbases in the same city, being able to banter and talk shit with all my Cubs fan friends during it. Being in a bar that is split in half between White Sox and Cubs fans, being able to share all the positive and negative emotions together. That would be fucking incredible. 

16 minutes ago, tray said:

The series has been generically referred to as a "subway series" for decades by fans and some in the media, including the late Jack Brickhouse, who announced games for both the White Sox and Cubs. But anyway, some people have to be little wizeass b1tches and pick,pick, pick instead of trying to contribute any useful or original thought.

My guy, it was poking fun.

Also, aspire to be something more than NY's subway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Seriously? I get that it would be different this year due to covid. In a normal year it would be even more awesome. Having both fanbases in the same city, being able to banter and talk shit with all my Cubs fan friends during it. Being in a bar that is split in half between White Sox and Cubs fans, being able to share all the positive and negative emotions together. That would be fucking incredible. 

I think what you describe here is pure fantasy.  

14 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I don't know if the fans would share the emotions. Somebody might end up getting their face beaten in, though.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tray said:

I've never heard it called the Subway series for anywhere but NYC, because subway or elevated its all colloquially the Subway.  And no one refers to anything but the actual subway as the subway in Chicago.  

Also, 'EL to Subway to EL to Subgrade In The Middle Of The Expressway' doesn't really have the same ring to it.

Edited by SouthWallace