Stone's Throwing of Shade at Ricky

ron883

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

If hitting was this easy everyone would be Tim Anderson.

I'm not saying they'd succeed often. But hitters do try to hit the ball to certain spots on the field. If a runner is on second and no outs, the batter will try to get the ball to the right side of the field for instance. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

what this season has taught me is that sox fans will b**** and complain all day no matter what. Teams great? Well I could make it better! Teams bad? What else do you expect!?!

To constantly attack the manager of a team over performing this much is just hilarious. 

Amazing Ricky's #1 fan is here to defend the indefensible.  Like Eloy is some half way decent LFer.  Up by two runs in the 9th and you leave a butcher in LF because of a theoretical AB that should never occur.  Ricky could bat Edwin leadoff with Yolmer in the cleanup in the playoffs with Cishek as the closer and you would find some sort of hidden genius in it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

For everyone obsessing over how "smart" Stone is and how dumb Renteria is, give this a read:

Then give this a read:

I've already analyzed on this very forum why catcher ERA is a broken way to be critical of Grandal; for one, Grandal has been on the better end of the split most of his career - this year and last year are outliers - and McCann has been around his teams ERA most of his career. 

McCann may know some of these pitchers better right now since he's been here for a year+, but saying McCann is the best catcher in Chicago is a joke and I don't need to listen to anyone tell me Stone is right on everything any longer.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fact is about 1\3 innings have a ball hit to LF.  So 1\3 times on avg Eloy will be tested in a critical 9th.  There's no defending renteria here.  But hey if ur not listening to me listen to Stone, who knows his baseball.

Can you please answer this question for me?  In your estimation, how many balls has Eloy missed this year that Dyson would have caught?

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Amazing Ricky's #1 fan is here to defend the indefensible.  Like Eloy is some half way decent LFer.  Up by two runs in the 9th and you leave a butcher in LF because of a theoretical AB that should never occur.  Ricky could bat Edwin leadoff with Yolmer in the cleanup in the playoffs with Cishek as the closer and you would find some sort of hidden genius in it.  

Defend? Maybe try reading again there champ; I know that's hard for some. What's hilarious is people like you and the obsessive negativity and expert syndrome; where you know what the best decision is always despite sitting on your couch watching the game.

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not pulling eloy was for sure a mistake. It happens.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

There are actually people in this thread saying leaving Eloy out there was the right decision; I have said it was wrong and you don't manage scared and you're saying I'm defending the move. Instead of being an obsessive weirdo - obsessed with me an ricky apparently - maybe try giving the actual posts a read before responding.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm on team SoxBlanco. 

I would have agreed with Dyson in left, but when I realized at the time Eloy was first up I understood the rational. Especially since Adam was in Right. While what happened was a possibility since Eloy sucks in left, another was a walk and a home run and your defense didn't help you at all. Then you still have one of your best hitters in the lineup.

This is how I explained the actions as well.  If he was down the line it would have been one thing, but if Colome had blown the game, Eloy would have literally led off the 9th with a chance to win it.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

what this season has taught me is that sox fans will b**** and complain all day no matter what. Teams great? Well I could make it better! Teams bad? What else do you expect!?!

To constantly attack the manager of a team over performing this much is just hilarious. 

So what. The goal is championships and people are smart enough to know Ricky's managing isn't championship caliber. This doesn't mean the season isn't fun or that people aren't having a blast, but there is a big picture here. I would love for Ricky to get better and be a long time hire because he seems to be great for this team, but there are just too many mistakes at this point. For instance, Stevie Wonder could see starting McCann at DH last night was the smarter decision. 

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

This is how I explained the actions as well.  If he was down the line it would have been one thing, but if Colome had blown the game, Eloy would have literally led off the 9th with a chance to win it.

You don't manage to give up two runs in the 9th.  The leverage is in preventing that in the 1st place!  My god.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There are actually people in this thread saying leaving Eloy out there was the right decision; I have said it was wrong and you don't manage scared and you're saying I'm defending the move. Instead of being an obsessive weirdo - obsessed with me an ricky apparently - maybe try giving the actual posts a read before responding.

This coming from the guy who runs into the threads like a fireman into a burning building to rescue Ricky from any perceived slights.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

So what. The goal is championships and people are smart enough to know Ricky's managing isn't championship caliber. This doesn't mean the season isn't fun or that people aren't having a blast, but there is a big picture here. I would love for Ricky to get better and be a long time hire because he seems to be great for this team, but there are just too many mistakes at this point. For instance, Stevie Wonder could see starting McCann at DH last night was the smarter decision. 

Ned. Yost. Won. A. Title.

Please stop saying championship caliber manager. A manager's ability to get the most of his players is 10000% more valuable than any pitching decision or outfield swap. 

• Haha 2