Stone's Throwing of Shade at Ricky

ron883

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

IMO, Engel is a good 4th OF and there really isn’t a reason to see if he can be more that.

But there is for this season. Engel against RH's is way better than Mazara has been.   You get his defense and speed too.

Plus the chance to use the Rally Engel !

I really have no idea why Mazara is still playing. He has to be the worst OF in baseball with his current stats. His OPS+ is 57.

Engel's is 115.

Mazara has been 2019 Delmonico and Charlie Tilson bad !

Mazara has even managed to make 2019 John Jay look cromulent.

The fact that they are still using him at all is more mindboggling than throwing Rodon into the fire in his 1st appearance.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Robert is also a great CF. Why break something that isn't broke? He's currently ranked 2nd in DRS for all qualified CF behind Kiermaier. Robert is not a problem, and should not be moved from CF until he is in his 30's and loses a step. The Sox can go out and get a RF.

Side to side he's about as good as they come.  But when it gets anywhere near the wall, he isn't that great.  I think the defense of him in RF and Engel in CF is vastly better than what they current trot out there, or better than him in CF and Engel in RF.  But really, anything is better than Mazara out there in RF.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But there is for this season. Engel against RH's is way better than Mazara has been.   You get his defense and speed too.

Plus the chance to use the Rally Engel !

I really have no idea why Mazara is still playing. He has to be the worst OF in baseball with his current stats. His OPS+ is 57.

Engel's is 115.

Mazara has been 2019 Delmonico and Charlie Tilson bad !

Mazara has even managed to make 2019 John Jay look cromulent.

The fact that they are still using him at all is more mindboggling than throwing Rodon into the fire in his 1st appearance.

Perfect word.

• 2 weeks later...

Stoney was on the WS Talk Podcast.  Some notes:

- again repeated Ricky is great before and after the game, but didn’t have much positive to say about him in-game

- hated the production from EE

- very critical of the performance from Mazara

- doesn’t think Sox should sign Bauer

- extremely critical of Grandal’s defense, and said that Frank and Ozzie hated his pitch selection 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

- again repeated Ricky is great before and after the game, but didn’t have much positive to say about him in-game

- extremely critical of Grandal’s defense, and said that Frank and Ozzie hated his pitch selection 

Was anything positive said?

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Didn't we all?

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Was anything positive said?

Not really besides how well Timmy and Abreu player, as he again repeated Dunning shouldn’t have started due to tired arm.  They talked about Brantley and if he’s a fit. Loves the bat, doesn’t like that he can’t play RF.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not really besides how well Timmy and Abreu player, as he again repeated Dunning shouldn’t have started due to tired arm.  They talked about Brantley and if he’s a fit. Loves the bat, doesn’t like that he can’t play RF.

Springer is looking really good right now. It's a shame that we can't get him.

15 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Springer is looking really good right now. It's a shame that we can't get him.

Why? I predict 4 years for 100 million.. That shouldn't knock us out imo

Someone may give him a 5th for 125.. But either way.. Sign me up

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

21 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Springer will be the number 1/1A free agent available this winter. When have you ever known the White Sox to land the Big Fish?

24 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I think our big dollar focus will be on a SP, and that we won't sign a big position player deal.  I think we will be limited in dollar additions this winter and we prioritize a closer and a starter over a RF.

4 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Springer will be the number 1/1A free agent available this winter. When have you ever known the White Sox to land the Big Fish?

I dont think a 125 million deal is classified as a "big fish".. But based on the last two offseasons, I don't think that range is out of their comfort zone now.. Obviosuly they have to like the Springer fit

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think our big dollar focus will be on a SP, and that we won't sign a big position player deal.  I think we will be limited in dollar additions this winter and we prioritize a closer and a starter over a RF.

Is that partially tied to an expected outcome on January 2nd when the futures for Colas and Cespedes will be determined?  Don’t look now but that’s just around the corner.  Does someone like Springer become more intriguing if they strike out on Colas and Cespedes and Springer is still available, and without a viable internal option?

7 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Is that partially tied to an expected outcome on January 2nd when the futures for Colas and Cespedes will be determined?  Don’t look now but that’s just around the corner.  Does someone like Springer become more intriguing if they strike out on Colas and Cespedes and Springer is still available, and without a viable internal option?

Personally? No, I don't think it is tied together.  My impression is that neither Colas or Cespedes are ready to be MLB starters in 21.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, soulfly said:

Side to side he's about as good as they come.  But when it gets anywhere near the wall, he isn't that great.  I think the defense of him in RF and Engel in CF is vastly better than what they current trot out there, or better than him in CF and Engel in RF.  But really, anything is better than Mazara out there in RF.

I think Sox fans are spoiled. Robert is very young. He's an amazing center fielder. He'll learn how to play the wall. He covers so much ground it would be insane to move him. Yeah he has trouble at the wall. He also is still learning how to hit. The tools are all there to be a mashing center fielder.

29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think Sox fans are spoiled. Robert is very young. He's an amazing center fielder. He'll learn how to play the wall. He covers so much ground it would be insane to move him. Yeah he has trouble at the wall. He also is still learning how to hit. The tools are all there to be a mashing center fielder.

Buxton took like 8 years or whatever to finally be good and I still don’t believe it. 

On 10/8/2020 at 7:43 AM, fathom said:

Not only hated the production but kept taking jabs at RR  saying he played too much and hitting 4th and 5th most of time.

Critical that McCann didn't play as often as he should have using missing both games against Berrios despite past good stats against him.

Also critical that EE and NM played so much and got chance after chance to keep playing.

Just like last year when the Sox had the perfect opportunity to give Yermin a shot they refused. Last year they gave Welington Castillo and AJ Reed AB's over him and this year they kept letting EE flail and fail. That's my opinion not Stone's.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:03 AM, fathom said:

Don't forget Stone also said we are way too right handed in the lineup. I also got the feeling he would trade Eloy.