Stone's Throwing of Shade at Ricky

ron883

49 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not only hated the production but kept taking jabs at RR  saying he played too much and hitting 4th and 5th most of time.

I mean, he's not wrong. EE hit .157 this season and drove in 19 all year and over 75% of his PAs came from the 4 and 5 spot in the lineup. That's not ok and that's all on RR.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:21 PM, greg775 said:

I think Sox fans are spoiled. Robert is very young. He's an amazing center fielder. He'll learn how to play the wall. He covers so much ground it would be insane to move him. Yeah he has trouble at the wall. He also is still learning how to hit. The tools are all there to be a mashing center fielder.

If there's one thing in life that's true, it's the fanbase that's never seen their team make back to back playoff appearances in 120 years is insanely spoiled.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

I mean, he's not wrong. EE hit .157 this season and drove in 19 all year and over 75% of his PAs came from the 4 and 5 spot in the lineup. That's not ok and that's all on RR.

This is my big question for the last two years: Is it all on RR???

Didn't Stone put out a tweet about how RR was forced to play certain players. Does anyone remember that tweet?  

And I don't know but I just have to feel that RR didn't want to be playing EE and Mazara at all after a while and certainly not when and where he batted them. I can't believe he wanted to be playing Yonder Alonso all those times. RR is a competitive guy or he wouldn't be in baseball. No competitive guy puts out people with such terrible stats unless directed by their boss. 

I have to believe that he was told by the front office to play EE, Mazara, and Yonder in the hope that the front office wouldn't look stupid for signing them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Didn't Stone put out a tweet about how RR was forced to play certain players. Does anyone remember that tweet?  

And I don't know but I just have to feel that RR didn't want to be playing EE and Mazara at all after a while and certainly not when and where he batted them. I can't believe he wanted to be playing Yonder Alonso all those times. RR is a competitive guy or he wouldn't be in baseball. No competitive guy puts out people with such terrible stats unless directed by their boss. 

I have to believe that he was told by the front office to play EE, Mazara, and Yonder in the hope that the front office wouldn't look stupid for signing them. 

So you are saying the front office isn’t competitive? Not saying anybody is 100% to blame but sticking with washed up vets seems like an old school RR way of thinking. Also if the front office is so worried about being “right” as you say they’d be more willing to move away from bad players. I think the one thing this stuff shows is the organization does not believe in Yermin or Collins. Both are guys that would make the FO look “right” if they were good. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

So you are saying the front office isn’t competitive? Not saying anybody is 100% to blame but sticking with washed up vets seems like an old school RR way of thinking. Also if the front office is so worried about being “right” as you say they’d be more willing to move away from bad players. I think the one thing this stuff shows is the organization does not believe in Yermin or Collins. Both are guys that would make the FO look “right” if they were good. 

Per Rick Hahn at his signing:

We’re quite pleased to add someone of his caliber to this lineup,” Sox general manager Rick Hahn said. “The numbers speak for themselves in terms of continuing to be a dangerous presence and an outstanding source of power for the last decade-plus."We feel he’s someone who’s going to not only improve our run-scoring but (also) be a significant positive within our clubhouse.” (

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-edwin-encarnacion-20200109-qwu4supsgrbfdmxj7hivdtscse-story.html}

Maybe with a short season the FO felt the bad players would eventually get hot and they never did. Seems like the combination of RR and the FO decided EE would have tobreak out at some point.  

18 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Per Rick Hahn at his signing:

We’re quite pleased to add someone of his caliber to this lineup,” Sox general manager Rick Hahn said. “The numbers speak for themselves in terms of continuing to be a dangerous presence and an outstanding source of power for the last decade-plus."We feel he’s someone who’s going to not only improve our run-scoring but (also) be a significant positive within our clubhouse.” (

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-edwin-encarnacion-20200109-qwu4supsgrbfdmxj7hivdtscse-story.html}

Maybe with a short season the FO felt the bad players would eventually get hot and they never did. Seems like the combination of RR and the FO decided EE would have tobreak out at some point.  

That’s what I was trying to say. You can’t blame it all on the FO or RR. We are not privy to who and how these decisions are made. But you know they all have at least some say...

Well, one of my arguments that it wasn't RR but the front office is what happened to Alonso last year. The guy kept being put in the line up day after day, and to make it more frustrating, he was batting cleanup most of the time, maybe 5th if I'm remembering correctly. And he kept being put in the lineup. Why would Ricky do that? He had to be as frustrated as we were watching Alonso ground out to the shift time after time. I think the front office, signing the brother-in-law, didn't want to look as ridiculous as they ended up looking, so they forced Ricky to keep playing him in hopes that he'd come around and justify the signing. 

He was never really benched. But then all of a sudden, the Sox released him, just let him go. Now that makes no sense to me unless the front office told RR that he had to keep playing Alonso until a certain time and if he didn't come around, (front office) "we'll just dump him". 

Didn't that occur to anyone else when Alonso just so suddenly cut?

Again, does anyone else remember that tweet by Stone on this subject?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Well, one of my arguments that it wasn't RR but the front office is what happened to Alonso last year. The guy kept being put in the line up day after day, and to make it more frustrating, he was batting cleanup most of the time, maybe 5th if I'm remembering correctly. And he kept being put in the lineup. Why would Ricky do that? He had to be as frustrated as we were watching Alonso ground out to the shift time after time. I think the front office, signing the brother-in-law, didn't want to look as ridiculous as they ended up looking, so they forced Ricky to keep playing him in hopes that he'd come around and justify the signing. 

He was never really benched. But then all of a sudden, the Sox released him, just let him go. Now that makes no sense to me unless the front office told RR that he had to keep playing Alonso until a certain time and if he didn't come around, (front office) "we'll just dump him". 

But that was a different circumstance. They weren't a playoff bound team.

I am not too upset he kept EE in the middle of the line up. He was a veteran with a history of big numbers, and a history of slow starts. A lot of big names had really bad years in this shortened season. He just never got out of it.  It is as if the season ended June 1 of a normal year. Whether he is done, or just went through a rough patch, no one really knows, but it didn't get better making his fate easily decided. What would have been interesting is if he had monster numbers, then what do they do with Vaughn waiting in the wings?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

To me you could also say wasn’t the FO as tired as we were watching it... seems like RR wouldn’t quit playing him so they finally had to release him so he would couldn’t waste anymore at bats on him... like I said if the FO doesn’t want to look bad they’d want to stop playing him too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

To me you could also say wasn’t the FO as tired as we were watching it... seems like RR wouldn’t quit playing him so they finally had to release him so he would couldn’t waste anymore at bats on him... like I said if the FO doesn’t want to look bad they’d want to stop playing him too. 

What job have you ever worked where your boss gave you a set of guidelines and then just disappeared for a couple of months, only to then come back and find out that you did your job poorly, but instead fire the guy under you, instead of you, because you didn't know how to properly utilize your resources?  Or would it make sense that your boss kept trying to give you ways to make this person under you successful and after trying for some amount of time, THEN came along and fired the person under you because they never were going to fit in a time period that works for your company?

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What job have you ever worked where your boss gave you a set of guidelines and then just disappeared for a couple of months, only to then come back and find out that you did your job poorly, but instead fire the guy under you, instead of you, because you didn't know how to properly utilize your resources?  Or would it make sense that your boss kept trying to give you ways to make this person under you successful and after trying for some amount of time, THEN came along and fired the person under you because they never were going to fit in a time period that works for your company?

I am not trying to say it’s all on RR. Just that the claims that it’s all on Hahn and RR is just doing what he is being forced to do the FO bidding is probably wrong.  People are trying to place blame on the people they dislike but it’s really shared blame.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You've lost it haha

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/mlb-baseball-2020-losses-playoffs-fans-coronavirus-rob-manfred

He's 31 and Mannfred says MLB lost $3B  that's $100M per team. Even if those numbers were used to try convince the MLBPA to cower in fear there is no denying that you probably shouldn't be throwing around $125M  5 yr. contract under current conditions because the financial losses are significant nonetheless.

6 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

No, I don't remember that at all.  And even if it was before this season, I don't think anyone was forcing him to start Delmonico at cleanup in the first week of the season, that was his own decision.

and maybe the Alonso stuff was the front office was telling him to keep the guy in the lineup so they could try and move him, but do you really think he was being told to bat Wellington Castillo cleanup?