AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

lol it's like they all have Byron Buxton on their fantasy teams or something. 

It really is ridiculous. Well over half of the comments are about that play, which had no impact on the final result. I'd get it if we won 2-1.

And the rule is dumb, but the call was consistent with the rule. The Sox have been on the other end of that several times

8 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Thats just fucking dumb with regards to the bottom of the 9th, you're up by two play for the win not the tie at home....shit like this drives me crazy about RR he has the tools, use them. Everyone on this board knows Eloy is a DH after Abreu's contract is over.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well what a smart play by him. I doubt Ricky has that play call ready 

In his postgamer Engel said that RR told him if the infielders are moving (the wheel play) fake bunt and swing away.  Ricky's trying to credit his men and that's a good thing.  I'm giving credit to RR.  You can give it to whomever you want or whatever your agenda says.

• Like 3

Just now, Stinky Stanky said:

In his postgamer Engel said that RR told him if the infielders are moving (the wheel play) fake bunt and swing away.  Ricky's trying to credit his men and that's a good thing.  I'm giving credit to RR.  You can give it to whomever you want or whatever your agenda says.

The fact that Engel has the freedom to do that is a credit to Ricky. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

So instead of putting your best defensive OF in the 9th, with a 2 run lead, Ricky decides to overthink again and leave Eloy out there playing for the tie (or more).... got it.

This is what ticked me off about that decision: RR thought it was more important to be able to score more runs in a half inning that was unlikely to happen than it was to protect the 2-run lead at the present.  He overthought it.  I”m not usually one to criticize him, but that was just boneheaded.  That situation is exactly why we traded for Dyson.

Prior to last night's game, the best case scenario for this series was the Sox left with a 5 game lead over the Twinkies, with the worst case scenario being down 3 games to them.

Now, we still have the possibility of a 5 game lead, but the worst would be only down 1 game at the end of Thursday's contest.  Big Win Last Night!!!

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Prior to last night's game, the best case scenario for this series was the Sox left with a 5 game lead over the Twinkies, with the worst case scenario being down 3 games to them.

Now, we still have the possibility of a 5 game lead, but the worst would be only down 1 game at the end of Thursday's contest.  Big Win Last Night!!!

After said big win let's hope some of that sheen is off those Twins and the boys can get some of that monkey off their back.  Last night proved they can beat a good team in a close game.  No reason to be scared the rest of this series. 

Edited by SouthWallace

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

After said big win let's hope some of that sheen is off those Twins and the boys can get some of that monkey off their back.  Last night proved they can beat a good team in a close game.  No reason to be scared the rest of this series. 

Yep, we won a close one last night which was great.  Let's open up a can of whoop ass tonight and seize this division!!!

5 hours ago, bmags said:

I still think people are overreacting about Eloy being out there in the ninth, and that RR actually had a good game feel for the bullpen which was more important 🤷‍♂️

We just watched him almost give up a second inside the park homerun in just a 60 game season. I think a little overreacting is understandable. 

14 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Yes, nice for Ricky to continue to give credit to his players, while at the same time Engel stating the facts and giving credit Ricky for his call to swing away. You can see the mutual love between players and manager, which regardless of decisions, is helping the team to play together, never quit and have each others backs.

https://www.si.com/mlb/whitesox/games/from-the-locker-room-adam-engel-dekes-his-way-to-a-white-sox-win

Manager Ricky Renteria fully credited Adam Engel for seeing the "wheel" play in motion (the shortstop shifting over to cover third base on a bunt as the third baseman charges in, second baseman to first in the same manner) and executing a perfect fake bunt and grounder up the middle to bring home Yoán Moncada with the White Sox's second run.

Engel, however, disagreed.

"Before the at-bat, Ricky told me if the middle infielders vacate, pull back and swing and try to hit it up the middle," Engel said postgame. "After the first pitch, I saw the shortstop vacated, and tried to hit a ground ball up the middle."

And no, pulling the back back from a bunt is not something Engel admits to practicing.