Fry reinstated from IL, Flores to Schaumburg

TomPickle

3 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I find it interesting that Steiver and Lopez are both still on the roster. Guess we can also give up the dream of Vaughn being on the playoff roster.

If they were going to bring up Vaughn, they would have done it a few weeks ago.  

I think they're making the right call.  I'd rather have him for 162 in 2027 than 15 games in 2020.  

Edited by ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I find it interesting that Steiver and Lopez are both still on the roster. Guess we can also give up the dream of Vaughn being on the playoff roster.

I do wonder if that indicates the end of our moves since it was a release?

14 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I think service time games should be over and the White Sox should do what gives them the best chance at winning a World Series. I could be convinced that Vaughn doesn't improve their odds much this year though.

also in 2026 when we own chicago after winning multiple world series we are going to laugh that we were once scared at throwing $30 million dollars of our $500 million payroll to our multi-MVP first baseman.

• Love 1

I'm fine with no Vaughn this year. We really should be covered at DH if Ricky just plays McCann and Grandal together.

I want him on the opening roster next year, so hopefully he gets an extension. With him + the young pitching + a few more additions, I'm really starting to believe we could have the best team in the AL next year

10 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Didn't realize Fry was pitching that well

Getting fry back is actually pretty big, who would have thought that.  Sox need any warm bodied lefty in the pen that can give them some outs.  Fry isn't any great shakes but if nothing else he can steal some outs in the 5th and 6th and 7th against some lefty oriented lineups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomPickle said:

I think both are auditioning  for BP roles along with Rodon for the playoffs.

Yesterday 9/14 Rodon was supposed to resume throwing again. Anyone hear anything , an update, on that ?

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Getting fry back is actually pretty big, who would have thought that.  Sox need any warm bodied lefty in the pen that can give them some outs.  Fry isn't any great shakes but if nothing else he can steal some outs in the 5th and 6th and 7th against some lefty oriented lineups.

It's great to have him back. He hadn't given up a run in 9 straight appearances before he got hurt.