MLB playoff roster updates

southsider2k5

Stiever should get starts over Lopez going forward.  I do not expect Ricky to do it on his own soI hope the FO forces Ricky do it if necessary.  Lopez's days as a starter for the Sox are effectively over.  Kopech is coming back next year and Stiever is already here.  His spot is already gone.  Let's see if he can work in relief.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Stiever should get starts over Lopez going forward.  I do not expect Ricky to do it on his own soI hope the FO forces Ricky do it if necessary.  Lopez's days as a starter for the Sox are effectively over.  Kopech is coming back next year and Stiever is already here.  His spot is already gone.  Let's see if he can work in relief.

What has Stiever done to start over Lopez? Honest question.

I like Stiever, but by no means has he earned anything over Lopez.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I agree. Lopez looked good last time out, and the White Sox have a vested interest in turning him around. Not to say he should be starting in the playoffs, but Lopez should get another look vs. Cincinnati this weekend.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In baseball you don't always have to earn it. Lopez has been brutal so it makes sense to give another guy that hasn't proven he sucks a chance yet. I am all for giving Lopez a another chance after his last outing to see if he has changed. 

23 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

In baseball you don't always have to earn it. Lopez has been brutal so it makes sense to give another guy that hasn't proven he sucks a chance yet. I am all for giving Lopez a another chance after his last outing to see if he has changed. 

They both just faced the same opponent, and Reylo was better.

This is the back up QB concept; always asking for the back up to someone who isn't good. 

I hope Stiever is awesome, but guy has thrown 3 2/3 inning above A ball and the Sox are in a pennant race. Reylo can be maddening, but he's also been a below avg MLB starter which is better than a lot of bad arms.

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing yet. However, after the first inning, Stiever actually looked look he knew where the ball was going. If he continues that, I would pitch him over Lopez. Lopez still looks like he has no idea where the ball is going. 

• Like 1