Sox vs Twins. 9/15 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am sure with that starting lineup that it will be a very calm and quiet game thread this evening.  Yes very calm and peaceful :chimp

My concern is that the Sox staff will be down to Dylans Axelrod and Covey by Friday. Sox lineup competes well with most squads. Twins lineup is hi stress on the staff. 

1 minute ago, pcq said:

My concern is that the Sox staff will be down to Dylans Axelrod and Covey by Friday. Sox lineup competes well with most squads. Twins lineup is hi stress on the staff. 

Is Clayton Richard still hanging around in Schaumburg?  We might need some innings out of him this weekend.

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is Clayton Richard still hanging around in Schaumburg?  We might need some innings out of him this weekend.

He is, but they already need a couple of 40 man moves for if/when Bummer and Rodon are back.  I can't imagine they will cut ANOTHER guy to make room for anyone else.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

He is, but they already need a couple of 40 man moves for if/when Bummer and Rodon are back.  I can't imagine they will cut ANOTHER guy to make room for anyone else.

Excellent point, thanks.  I guess we just roll with who we got.  It sucks to see things like  Gio Gonzalez used like a situational lefty but it is what it is.  I'd rather just use him if we need a long reliever.

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

Excellent point, thanks.  I guess we just roll with who we got.  It sucks to see things like  Gio Gonzalez used like a situational lefty but it is what it is.  I'd rather just use him if we need a long reliever.

Yeah for better or for worse, I think this is our ride or die roster.  We MIGHT see something else due to injury, but I think this is largely it.

• Like 1

Maybe a cold take but I think we win the division if we win tonight. Obviously not mathematically guaranteed, but I am really confident we win at least one of Gio and DK's starts the next two days, especially facing Maeda, who isn't a lefty but who the sox apparently think is a lefty so they will crush due to placebo effect.

Leaving this series with a 3 game lead and the tie breaker, I think we get it done.