Sox vs Twins. 9/16 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

Just now, gusguyman said:

I get people are frustrated but this is just incorrect.

Moncada is slashing 248/341/395 this season.

Grandal is slashing 237/363/412.

I understand the frustration watching him watch fastballs down the pipe, but he has been more dangerous than Moncada this season, and his patient approach has helped the Sox put huge pitch counts on the opposing SPs in the first inning lately. 

I didn't argue their slash lines this year.  Moncada is more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I didn't argue their slash lines this year.  Moncada is more dangerous.

Genuinely not trying to be a prick, but what do you even mean by dangerous then?

Grandal has more homeruns (in less at bats), higher slugging, lower K rate.... The only thing Moncada has done better so far is hit doubles. Moncada has definitely missed a ton of pitches to hit this season too. 

Next year, after he heals up, Moncada is definitely more dangerous, I just don't see what the justification is this year. 

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Genuinely not trying to be a prick, but what do you even mean by dangerous then?

Grandal has more homeruns (in less at bats), higher slugging, lower K rate.... The only thing Moncada has done better so far is hit doubles. Moncada has definitely missed a ton of pitches to hit this season too. 

Next year, after he heals up, Moncada is definitely more dangerous, I just don't see what the justification is this year. 

Yeah Yoan got off to a strong start with his slugging. That has fallen off a cliff once he got hurt.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic