Sign in to follow this  
Bad Hombre

Sox vs Twins. 9/16 - 7:10

Our ace doesn't have his best stuff tonight.  He's human just like every other ace in the history of the game.  But what separates an ace from other pitchers is that when he doesn't have his lights out stuff, he's still able to keep his team in the game.  Lucas has done just that tonight and has given the Sox a chance to win this game despite the fact he wasn't as dominating as usual.

Great job tonight, Lucas!

• Like 1

I want to see the Sox keep battling no matter what. The sign of a truly great team is they never quit. Your going to lose games that's for sure but never quit fighting. Gio kept fighting tonight and never quit even though his control wasn't there He made it through 6 giving up only 3 and gave the team at least a shot to come back. 

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

Our ace doesn't have his best stuff tonight.  He's human just like every other ace in the history of the game.  But what separates an ace from other pitchers is that when he doesn't have his lights out stuff, he's still able to keep his team in the game.  Lucas has done just that tonight and has given the Sox a chance to win this game despite the fact he wasn't as dominating as usual.

Great job tonight, Lucas!

Exactly! Well said.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

2-0 and takes good pitch to hit again 

And then he swings at that pitch outside the zone. 

Offense just doesn't have tonight I'm afraid.  I'm not throwing in the towel.  Just feels like one of those nights.  

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Stashak is really shutting us down. 

Stuff was nothing special either. Duffey on the other hand is not a good matchup for the Sox