Sox vs Twins. 9/16 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

1 hour ago, fathom said:

It baffles me anyone would consider bringing him back for next year. What have you seen to think he has the potential to even meet the minimal success he had before this season?  

I've seen his cheap option bandied around as a reason to retain him, but i'd rather pay just about anyone else that money.  No reason to chance a repeat of this season if he doesn't rebound.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

To be fair, I’m sure every single one of us would have said “Engel would have caught that” on the double in the 9th

How many of us would have said "Mazara would have went 3-5 in his first 5 AB's this series?" I'll go with zero

Edited by soxfan49

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Mazara's 6 million next year can go towards a McCann QO or extension. Please get Mazara off this field and Engel some playing time. How do we know Engel didn't figure it out this year if they only play him 1/3 of the games? 

I’d rather it go toward a good right fielder

I just came home from the grocery store and have this insight...I hate Mazara more than the Strawberry in Neopolitan Ice Cream!!  

"I don't want to eat that part, I'll just put in back."

Ricky, please leave Mazara in the freezer.

17 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Mazara's 6 million next year can go towards a McCann QO or extension. Please get Mazara off this field and Engel some playing time. How do we know Engel didn't figure it out this year if they only play him 1/3 of the games? 

I'd like to think they are giving Mazara enough rope to hang himself but then I think these are basically playoff games against the Twins right now for the division and that's not the time to be giving anybody playing time they haven't earned.

30 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Don’t question the great Ricky decision making, you had a few coming out of the woodworks in the game thread last night to praise his decision making  😬😆

Mostly because it's not his decision to play him.

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Even as a joke ("joke") this is fucking gross. Delete this, log off, and do some critical self-examination. 

Usually those desperate for attention have a serious lack of security in esteem. How do I know this?

Critical self-examination.

Edited by hi8is

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic