mazara

harkness99

Hahn is not one to admit his mistakes.  He kept Shields on the team after he was through. As long as the White Sox are paying him Mazara will keep playing all the way  thru the Playoffs. Hopefully he won't be on the team in 2021. I'm also hoping that  that Cishek won't be on the team next year.

20 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Hahn is not one to admit his mistakes.  He kept Shields on the team after he was through. As long as the White Sox are paying him Mazara will keep playing all the way  thru the Playoffs. Hopefully he won't be on the team in 2021. I'm also hoping that  that Cishek won't be on the team next year.

Now this is plain false.  There have been plenty of instances of him cutting bait when things aren't working out.  Shields was signed to a contract, and was pitching for a rebuilding team. so cutting him was pretty fucking stupid at that point since he was blocking nobody and the wins and losses didn't matter at all.   Maybe if they had signed Chatwood though, they would have three World Series trophies by now 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Shields was through before Hahn acquired him.  He couldn't get anyone out in San Diego.  So, Preller called Hahn.  The rest is history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Shields was through before Hahn acquired him.  He couldn't get anyone out in San Diego.  So, Preller called Hahn.  The rest is history.

👏

sox are in first and you sitting here crying about a trade that actually sideways pushed them into this position.  How them Rockies doin

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I wonder if Mazara is going to be in the lineup again today. That’s going to be interesting to see.

Lineups are posted usually like 4 hours prior to game time, so we will see pretty soon.  Will be very disappointed if Ricky runs him out there again, he looks like Jason Heyward in his first few years with the cubs where he was an automatic ground out to second 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lineups are posted usually like 4 hours prior to game time, so we will see pretty soon.  Will be very disappointed if Ricky runs him out there again, he looks like Jason Heyward in his first few years with the cubs where he was an automatic ground out to second 

I agree, there’s got to be something wrong with his swing and he’s got to go back to the basics or maybe he just likes the weather in Texas and that’s just it. 

Some likely bad news for everyone; Mazara isn't going anything. They weren't going to let a 60 game season decide whether he could figure it out or not. They'll say these were challenging circumstances and he'll be back next year. 

The good news is I kind of agree with that thought process - for someone trying to implement change to his swing and etc, a 60 game season with no spring was not the best way to do it. The Sox will want to see what a full season looks like in a normal structure. 

It's also why they haven't stopped playing him. They are trying to make changes and the changes can't hold if he doesn't play.

Nick Swisher was benched for most of September and the playoffs in his single season here, so I am hopeful that Mazara will not see significant time in the playoffs.  Unfortunately they seem determined to let him see if he can break out of his funk before we get to the playoffs.  "If only Mazara and EE would start clicking, what a lineup we would have" kind of thinking.  I don't expect that "if only" to ever get here though.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Some likely bad news for everyone; Mazara isn't going anything. They weren't going to let a 60 game season decide whether he could figure it out or not. They'll say these were challenging circumstances and he'll be back next year. 

The good news is I kind of agree with that thought process - for someone trying to implement change to his swing and etc, a 60 game season with no spring was not the best way to do it. The Sox will want to see what a full season looks like in a normal structure. 

It's also why they haven't stopped playing him. They are trying to make changes and the changes can't hold if he doesn't play.

I'd bet good money the Sox bring in a competent RF this off season. Even at 20 HR's Mazara was a 0 WAR player. Next season will have championship caliber expectations. No way Mazara and EE come back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Nick Swisher was benched for most of September and the playoffs in his single season here, so I am hopeful that Mazara will not see significant time in the playoffs.  Unfortunately they seem determined to let him see if he can break out of his funk before we get to the playoffs.  "If only Mazara and EE would start clicking, what a lineup we would have" kind of thinking.  I don't expect that "if only" to ever get here though.

Nick Swisher was also an asshole who disrupted the entire clubhouse.

Nothing indicates that Mazara is that.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Make changes on their own time!!  Well I guess this is their own time but, but....oh just put Launch Engel out there and at least you'll have his elite D.  These constant weak groundouts by Mazara are maddening.

I agree with you that they will bring him back.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If he never gets on track this season I will bet you a beer that he is not the starting RF next season.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wish he were 2016 Heyward at this point, especially woth the defense. I guess we have 2016 Heyward with Engel right now. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Nick Swisher was also an asshole who disrupted the entire clubhouse.

Nothing indicates that Mazara is that.

Swisher was indeed that.

Mazara disrupts enough rallies though so I hope he is not in the lineup come playoff time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

On 3/21/2019 at 8:51 AM, WBWSF said:

It looks like Giolito is going to be in the starting rotation. He doesn't deserve it but he's penciled in as of now. I can't help but wonder, if he continues to be bad how long will it be before he's no longer a member of this team? Will the White Sox call up Dylan Cease to replace him? If Cease is the talent everybody thinks he is, why not bring him up this year?

I know you're secretly an amazing GM or whatever, but I for one am glad that you're not the one deciding how long of a leash players get.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I wish he were 2016 Heyward at this point, especially woth the defense. I guess we have 2016 Heyward with Engel right now. 

Honestly I haven't really noticed Mazara being completely terrible out there.  He isn't Engel or Robert but he isn't Eloy either

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol, Ray - there is a zero percent chance Mazara is back next year. He’s going to be relatively expensive at $7-8M. Zero chance he’s back. 

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If he never gets on track this season I will bet you a beer that he is not the starting RF next season.

I want a RF as much as anyone - I think based on my George Springer thread people know that. I just don't believe the sox will allow a weird year where they succeeded with him struggling to stop them from believing he can untap something with in a normal season. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.