Sox vs Twins 9/17 1:10

TheTruth05

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

On the line today.....

Clinch playoff berth

Get nice division lead

Win tiebreaker over Minnesota

And of course Maeda vs Reylo

Well, I liked last night's pitching matchup and that was the only loss of the series so let's see what happens.

Kind of a big game. A 3 game lead with Twins only having 8 to play is close to insurmountable. Twins would have to go 7-1 to Sox 4-6 the rest of the way to pass them if the Sox win today. A win comes very close to locking up division. 

I hate trotting our ReyLo, but lining up Keuchel for playoffs IS more important. Still stings. Especially for me personally as all my friends are Twins fans and I want nothing more than a shove a huge W in their face today. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Kind of a big game. A 3 game lead with Twins only having 8 to play is close to insurmountable. Twins would have to go 7-1 to Sox 4-6 the rest of the way to pass them if the Sox win today. A win comes very close to locking up division. 

I hate trotting our ReyLo, but lining up Keuchel for playoffs IS more important. Still stings. Especially for me personally as all my friends are Twins fans and I want nothing more than a shove a huge W in their face today. 

Go cubs

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You can line up DK for the playoffs after today. If you win this game you are in great shape in the division. DK could have started g2 against Cleveland and and by his start the division would be wrapped up anyway the last game of the season against the Cubs. He could have just skipped that start. This said, I'm assuming this is health related and not to line up the rotation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It would be great if Robert can start hitting. Bad timing to be in a slump.

Robert, Grandal, Yoan, EE, Mazara and even Madrigal are slumping.  This offense has 10 days to get back on track or it’s going to be a short postseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There were ways to line up Gio & Kechel to open the postseason while also pitching them in meaningful division games.  Punting today's game with the tiebreaker on the line still baffles me.  Maybe Lopez doesn't suck, but too much at stake to risk it imo.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert, Grandal, Yoan, EE, Mazara and even Madrigal are slumping.  This offense has 10 days to get back on track or it’s going to be a short postseason.

They do seem to bounce back well after losses.  The offense is the only hope today.  Hopefully they come out hungry after being shutdown last night. 

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Dyson in RF?  EE back as projected.  And Lopez starting.  RR really doesn't care to win today...

17 games in 17 days and the playoffs directly after. Sox are prepping for the playoffs. Why is this so hard to understand? And Dyson and EE WILL be getting PH opps in the playoffs, so you cant just bury them at the end of the bench. The game 2 lineup of this series will be the Playoff game 1 lineup, but this schedule is brutal right now. 

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This.  Sure  we want to win, but being ready to win in the playoffs is task #1.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

17 games in 17 days and the playoffs directly after. Sox are prepping for the playoffs. Why is this so hard to understand? And Dyson and EE WILL be getting PH opps in the playoffs, so you cant just bury them at the end of the bench. The game 2 lineup of this series will be the Playoff game 1 lineup, but this schedule is brutal right now. 

Neither will start in the playoffs most likely. They can still get game action without starting a critical divisional game where Lopez is pitching and runs will need to be scored. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  Sure  we want to win, but being ready to win in the playoffs is task #1.

This doesn't make sense because DK can just skip his last start to be lined up for the playoffs. If he started today, his last start would be the last game of the season. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

This doesn't make sense because DK can just skip his last start to be lined up for the playoffs. If he started today, his last start would be the last game of the season. 

Read between the lines.  He threw yesterday, and was supposed to go today if all was right.  They are waiting an extra period of time.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic