Sox vs Twins 9/17 1:10

TheTruth05

Just now, reiks12 said:

Why is Abreu our MVP?

Because if you take him out of the last 2 games we have 2 hits in 13 innings with 12 strikeouts. 

He has been a force this year

You have to think he won't be nearly as good next year.. yet Moncada, Robert, and Madrigal should be. How fun is that to say? Usually if Abreu stinks, they're fucked. Not anymore (knock on wood)

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Maeda is basically unhittable today. I still don't get why Sox didn't pursue him? He would have been a great fit imo. 

1) Lol great timing

2) They only wanted 1 SP (wanted to give Cease, Kopech, and Reylo their shots since this was before we knew Kopech was out).

3) Between DK and Maeda, I think they liked bringing in a lefty, and also Maeda's injury history probably scared them off. We know they are pretty conservative on bringing in FA pitchers because of injury risks, and they already had a glass arm in Rodon on the roster.

Just now, gusguyman said:

1) Lol great timing

2) They only wanted 1 SP (wanted to give Cease, Kopech, and Reylo their shots since this was before we knew Kopech was out).

3) Between DK and Maeda, I think they liked bringing in a lefty, and also Maeda's injury history probably scared them off. We know they are pretty conservative on bringing in FA pitchers because of injury risks, and they already had a glass arm in Rodon on the roster.

Fair points. I just wish someone other than Minny got him. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He has been a force this year

You have to think he won't be nearly as good next year.. yet Moncada, Robert, and Madrigal should be. How fun is that to say? Usually if Abreu stinks, they're fucked. Not anymore (knock on wood)

Let's knock him down for next year.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is what playoff pitching looks like folks. This is why we need as many productive bats as possible and a true game 1 guy. We don't much much further to go with roster construction. It is amazing. 

And it’s why I think Hahn would love Michael Brantley. Reminds me of Cubs going after Zobrist after they saw their issues against the Mets fireballers 

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic