AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF CLINCHING WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, gogowsox said:

So happy for Abreu, he’s been the only highlight on this team the last 6 yrs and now, the rest of baseball gets to see this stud on the biggest stage there is! Get the division, hand Pito the MVP and go get that trophy! And especially, fuck the damn Twins!

As much as Tim means to this team, Abreu is the MVP on the team and in the league. He means a great deal to this team in so many ways.

I hope we get to see a world series in Chicago again. Can't help but mention the concern I have for Moncada and Robert. I feel like they should sit out for the remainder of the season. No point in stressing them out further. Engel or Dyson can alternate playing outfield and I guess Yolmer will be at third. I think bringing Luis back for the Cubs series might be ideal for his confidence considering how well he did against them in the last series. I'm not keeping my hopes up but that's just what I have been thinking. I hope they can come out of their slumps during playoff time. 

22 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

I wasn’t watching until later in the game (tuned in for Abreu’s single) so I didn’t realize that Donaldson acted like a baby and got ejected and wasn’t there to make a play that he would have easily. Totally amazing. FUCK THE TWINS!

The Twins feed was hilarious. You could hear the ump say get the fuck out of here. Great job by the fellas winning a very tough and stressful game. This was a playoff series and hopefully it will give them a little seasoning. I don't care if Yo gets out, just swing the bat and swing it with authority. 

14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Will he win manager of the year?

I would say he is in the running, if not a contender.  

I am hyper-critical of his lineups and his game day decisions, but he has guided this young talent to a playoff berth.  Talent makes up for a lot of his mistakes but that's true for any manager.  He deserves credit for where they are.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I know you know. I mean the guys are focused which is good to see. They could have done more celebrating out there but they have bigger goals. 

I agree, it’s good to see. Even though some of the coaching decisions RR has made have been questionable, he has gotten this team to stay focused all year round which is great!

Edited by maloney.adam

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

First Sox playoff team that my kids have seen. They were so excited today (except the whole thinking Donaldson was cool part).

That's awesome. My 9 year old daughter loves the sox and watching them with her dad😊. This next 5-7 years is going to be really exciting!!

• Like 2