AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF CLINCHING WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

So many people coming into this year were critical of the off-season... critical of the rebuild. Pessimistic about this season and the future... 

This team took the step the front office thought they would when they started putting it together. People have been so used to failure and losing that they can't enjoy the good times; that negative look to protect them from the usual failures overcomes them. Stop... because for the first time in the history of the franchise, this isn't "the year" it's the first year.. the beginning. The beginning of something that other teams look at as a model. 

Let's Go.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Sox will go as far as Gio and Keuchle take them, in my opinion. Those two are the key. If we get good Gio and Keuchle is getting a ton of ground balls....the Sox have to be the AL favorite. There are enough offensive weapons on this team, they’ll break through at some point. It’s all going to come down to how Gio and Keuchle perform. 

I agree, especially Keuchel, though it’s kind of amazing how much success this team has had last two weeks on the Cease / Dunning / ReyLo / Stiever days

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yup, Yoan will be back healthy and we'll have much better production in RF, DH, SP, even bullpen. Gonna be the scariest team in baseball the next 5+ years.

Yea man. Padres are looking mighty in the NL for our same window as well.

Damned He Who Shall Not Be Named is destined to haunt us.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Seeing Eloy that fired up with the "lets go" isn't something I expected from him.  Love it.  Nice to see from a guy I sometimes feel plays a bit too loose. 

I've never seen him like that before and it gave me shivers when I watched the replay. Reminded me of the "Let me see your war face" Full Metal Jacket scene

• Like 2

Luis Robert has got to get something figured out. He's arguably been one of our worst hitters in the month of September. 

Currently throwing up .130/.226/.196 for a stellar .422 OPS. 

The first two months were so good, but he's just been rather dreadful. If Luis or Yoan figure anything out by the playoffs, man oh man we could be frightening. Unfortunately, Luis is hitting horribly and Yoan has been just average. 

Got to figure out some way to get those guys going especially if we want to do any damage in the playoffs. 

Edited by WookiesOnRitalin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Luis Robert has got to get something figured out. He's arguably been one of our worst hitters in the month of September. 

Currently throwing up .130/.225/.196 for a stellar .431 OPS. 

The first two months were so good, but he's just been rather dreadful. If Luis or Yoan figure anything out by the playoffs, man oh man we could be frightening. Unfortunately, Luis is hitting horribly and Yoan has been just average. 

Got to figure out some way to get those guys going especially if we want to do any damage in the playoffs. 

Yea. Adjusting to the League's adjustments, clearly. It is tough to do that under a time warp in 60 compared to 162 for a rookie. I've got hope in him and Mendo.

As someone else mentioned, this series with the Twins fired up Eloy and even guys on the bench who aren't playing every day. The games had the urgency of the play-offs, and we won 3 out of 4. Cody Heuer  came into his own as a set-up guy. Colome had ice in his veins. Madrigal showed how to focus and grind out every at-bat.  Pito proved he is what we thought he was - the leader of this team. If a few more guys pick up their game,the Sox could go to the World Series...THIS YEAR.  There, I not only thought about it, I said it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, tray said:

As someone else mentioned, this series with the Twins fired up Eloy and even guys on the bench who aren't playing every day. The games had the urgency of the play-offs, and we won 3 out of 4. Cody Heuer  came into his own as a set-up guy. Colome had ice in his veins. Madrigal showed how to focus and grind out every at-bat.  Pito proved he is what we thought he was - the leader of this team. If a few more guys pick up their game,the Sox could go to the World Series...THIS YEAR.  There, I not only thought about it, I said it. 

Preach brother, preach!

57 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Robert is a star and will be fine, as will Yo. Just got some timing issues. 

I specifically have been thinking that about Robert. I don't think he isn't getting his front foot down  from his leg kick fast enough and that makes him late on a lot of fastballs.

I don't have the video knowledge to compare him to himself earlier when he was hitting and now to see if theres any difference.

Plenty of players have a leg kick and seem to get the front foot down just as the pitcher releases the ball.

1 hour ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Currently throwing up .130/.226/.196 for a stellar .422 OPS. 

Forget the Ritalin and try the Prozac. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1