White Sox "Normal" Record

lostfan

With all due caveats that this is all hypothetical considering this is barely more than 1/3 of a season, for those of us wondering how this shortened season translates to a "regular" season I did a little math.

162/60 = 2.7 so each game counts for 2.7 games. Given that, the White Sox "regular" record right now is 89-46. Their current winning % is .660, so if you want to know how many games they're on pace to win, multiply that by 162, it's a pace for 107-55.

• Like 1

The sox have a monster lineup but I'm not sure how both the Pen and the SP would have held up over 162.

The pen has been taxed a lot due to the inability of non giolito/keuchel starters to go more than 4-5 innings and there is really no starting depth either to compensate for an injury.

The sox have a great future but they need to add pitching either from internal (kopech, stiever, breakout by Lopez maybe) or an acquisition.

There are a lot of variables about what could've gone different with another 102 games, but I think a lot of them even out

-Kopech probably doesn't opt out 

-Bullpen not likely to be taxed as heavily over the course of a full season

-Lopez still struggles, it's just not as glaring over 162 games

-Dunning starts the season in AA/AAA and has more endurance before getting called up to the majors

-Rodon is probably still Rodon either way

-Other players likely to do IL stints

-Robert regresses to mean like he is now, but has plenty of time to figure it out

11 minutes ago, lostfan said:

There are a lot of variables about what could've gone different with another 102 games, but I think a lot of them even out

-Kopech probably doesn't opt out 

-Bullpen not likely to be taxed as heavily over the course of a full season

-Lopez still struggles, it's just not as glaring over 162 games

-Dunning starts the season in AA/AAA and has more endurance before getting called up to the majors

-Rodon is probably still Rodon either way

-Other players likely to do IL stints

-Robert regresses to mean like he is now, but has plenty of time to figure it out

He wouldn't have come back until around July anyway. And "still Rodon" is being on the IL for most of the year haha