colome

harkness99

Alex "never a doubt" Colome.  I love how he seems to have to make it interesting.  "I think I will treat this comebacker like my glove is made of bricks...nobody wants to see a 1-2-3 inning.  I'd let the game thread down."

But yes I agree.  His job is to save games and he has been tremendously effective at doing that.

Edited by wegner

12 hours ago, wegner said:

Alex "never a doubt" Colome.  I love how he seems to have to make it interesting.  "I think I will treat this comebacker like my glove is made of bricks...nobody wants to see a 1-2-3 inning.  I'd let the game thread down."

But yes I agree.  His job is to save games and he has been tremendously effective at doing that.

Weird stuff has been happening to   Colome lately with 2 outs.

Jimenez had that misplay of the liner over his head when everyone got pissed when Dyson wasn't out there.

Then McCann missed the popup behind the plate.

Then Colome had the comebacker pop out of his glove.

Luckily none of that stuff came back to bite him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

He's been tremendous. 

Next year, I worry a bit. There was a fegan article on all the work he has to do to keep his shoulder up for the workload. Maybe that's just normal for any pitcher, but he'll be 32(?) next year. Really hope Bummer comes back as Bummer because you'd like that insurance if we re-sign Colome and he isn't the same.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Weird stuff has been happening to   Colome lately with 2 outs.

Jimenez had that misplay of the liner over his head when everyone got pissed when Dyson wasn't out there.

Then McCann missed the popup behind the plate.

Then Colome had the comebacker pop out of his glove.

Luckily none of that stuff came back to bite him.

Under pressure he justs get the job done.  I go back to that game where the ball went through Grandal's legs on the throw home.  It was a blown save, but against all odds Colome kept that game tied and the Sox won it.  If that ball does not get past Grandal, Colome might have still done his magic and gotten the save after all.  Things do not seem to rattle him and that is what you want in a closer imho.

Edited by wegner