Kopech update

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Too bad this bum decided to take the year off. He would be a great asset right about now.

Way to be a complete dick. He had a divorce right in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe show a little grace?

I for one am just thankful he's still doing what he can to stay conditioned and improve as much as he is able without game action. I thought he may never return back to the game

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why is he just now building up to bullpen sessions?  

Even Dunning who was in a formal camp was still ramping up when we called him up.  The lack of a spring training and organized MiLB screwed everything up to start with.  Kopech opting out added to that.

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

I took two years off to be present with my son during one of the most difficult times our family has been through yet.

Keep talking about things you don’t know anything about. 👍

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Fact check:  Yup, he did quit on the team.  Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

Regular people can be replaced in a matter of hours for peanuts. Much harder to replace a pro baseball player without dishing out $. Apples and oranges

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Fact check:  Yup, he did quit on the team.  Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

Fact check: His opt out (and several others) was permitted by the league, he's coming back from a major injury, during a global pandemic, while having a baby on the way and getting divorced. It sucks that he's not playing pitching for the Sox, but he'll be back so get over it. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Fact check: His opt out (and several others) was permitted by the league, he's coming back from a major injury, during a global pandemic, while having a baby on the way and getting divorced. It sucks that he's not playing pitching for the Sox, but he'll be back so get over it. 

Further, he is not being paid an MLB salary nor accruing service time. The White Sox essentially get back the time he missed in the 2019 season due to injury. Why anyone would still be holding a grudge over this the day after the White Sox clinch a playoff spot for the first time in 12 years is beyond me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I'm a teacher. I'm a regular person. I could take a year off. Just like Kopech however, I wouldn't get paid either. 

• Thanks 1