Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Kopech update

37 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why is he just now building up to bullpen sessions?  

Because he has had zero organized games for over a year and that's really all he can do

37 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Took a couple months off to eat ice cream, chocolate, and seek a Kleenex endorsement?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Too bad this bum decided to take the year off. He would be a great asset right about now.

You continue to impress me.

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Too bad this bum decided to take the year off. He would be a great asset right about now.

Way to be a complete dick. He had a divorce right in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe show a little grace?

I for one am just thankful he's still doing what he can to stay conditioned and improve as much as he is able without game action. I thought he may never return back to the game

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Even Dunning who was in a formal camp was still ramping up when we called him up.  The lack of a spring training and organized MiLB screwed everything up to start with.  Kopech opting out added to that.

12 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Sometimes, I think "Ron is ok."

Today is not one of those days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

I don't even care anymore.  He quit on the team.

Ignorance at its finest here.

• Like 9

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Fact check:  Yup, he did quit on the team.  Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Maybe Soxtalk should consider a new policy preventing children under the age of 14 to be allowed on the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

I took two years off to be present with my son during one of the most difficult times our family has been through yet.

Keep talking about things you don’t know anything about. 👍

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Fact check:  Yup, he did quit on the team.  Regular people don't get to take a year off of work because they're getting divorced.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Kopech has a newborn child.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Regular people can be replaced in a matter of hours for peanuts. Much harder to replace a pro baseball player without dishing out $. Apples and oranges

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Fact check: His opt out (and several others) was permitted by the league, he's coming back from a major injury, during a global pandemic, while having a baby on the way and getting divorced. It sucks that he's not playing pitching for the Sox, but he'll be back so get over it. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Yep.  I would hope that his teammates would understand a guy going through things just like any other friend or person you work with.  Support them, take care of them, build them back up.

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I took two years off to be present with my son during one of the most difficult times our family has been through yet.

Keep talking about things you don’t know anything about. 👍

Nah, he definitely shouldn't have sat out.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Nah, he definitely shouldn't have sat out.

Thank you for your irrelevant and naive opinion, person not named Michael Kopech. Have a good day!

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Fact check: His opt out (and several others) was permitted by the league, he's coming back from a major injury, during a global pandemic, while having a baby on the way and getting divorced. It sucks that he's not playing pitching for the Sox, but he'll be back so get over it. 

Further, he is not being paid an MLB salary nor accruing service time. The White Sox essentially get back the time he missed in the 2019 season due to injury. Why anyone would still be holding a grudge over this the day after the White Sox clinch a playoff spot for the first time in 12 years is beyond me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I'm a teacher. I'm a regular person. I could take a year off. Just like Kopech however, I wouldn't get paid either. 

• Thanks 1