Garrett Crochet Called Up

DirtySox

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

But why spend the resources there when the Sox have other options? You know that the "payroll" will not go up much with the financial difficulties this year. Bauer would be an upgrade but those resources can be used more effectively elsewhere.

I don't see what would be more effective for this team next year than a top of the rotation starting pitcher, especially if he is not looking for a long contract.  The offense will be even better next year with a healthy Moncada, Vaughan, and anyone else in RF imho.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

I don't see what would be more effective for this team next year than a top of the rotation starting pitcher, especially if he is not looking for a long contract.  The offense will be even better next year with a healthy Moncada, Vaughan, and anyone else in RF imho.

This would be the only way its works. If he sticks to the one year deal, it would be ok. Any more than that, then its not worth the risk.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Do you have a name? The only FA I would entertain might be Trevor Bauer.

15 hours ago, ptatc said:

But why spend the resources there when the Sox have other options? You know that the "payroll" will not go up much with the financial difficulties this year. Bauer would be an upgrade but those resources can be used more effectively elsewhere.

Where?

6 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

RF. DH. 

But agree with the idea that we should see if we can bring in another rotation guy even it is for a year while guys like Stiever, Kopech, and Crochet continue to develop. 

RF imo is the only other place to spend those resources and there isn’t anyone out there that’s going to change the game.  You can use your trade capital to find a long term solution at rf.  

Edited by Rowand44

11 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Where?

Right field would be my preference.  I really don't see any help coming from inside the organization.  The Sox have a great offense but as we see hitters especially young hitters are prone to slumps and inconsistency.  A veteran bat there can stabilize it.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, I think he's going to Verlander it as a starter. He keeps 101 in his back pocket and works at 94-96. 

This crossed my mind too.  Something about his affectation on the mound.  

Nevermind, allowed a hit.  Trade him

Edited by Nokona

• bmags unpinned this topic