Bummer and Rodon return, Detwiler and Not going to Cishek anymore DFAd

Kalapse

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He threw the other day and didn't get activated.  The most likely reason is that he wasn't 100% after throwing.  That seems obvious.

Or they have no interest in using him before the playoffs, and he'll be activated for them. No chance in risking a reinjury in the close to the regular season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Or they have no interest in using him before the playoffs, and he'll be activated for them. No chance in risking a reinjury in the close to the regular season.

So his first appearance in like two months will be in a playoff game? Doesn’t seem like the best strategy to me because he very well could be rusty.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Combined with Crochet getting more and more outings, I get the feeling we are not going to see Aaron or Carlos.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah no reason to give him any in game reps.. That would make no sense

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

MLB appearance is not the same for playoffs.. He came up a week or so early so he could pictch before the playoffs......... Which is our point

He has never pitched in MLB; him getting some experience before the playoffs matters.

Aaron Bummer has been one of the 5-8 best relievers in baseball over the past 1 1/2 years. He can come back for game 1 of the playoffs and it wouldn't impact him any differently than coming back on Saturday of this week.

The odd thing I see is that neither Gio or Ruiz are any good so there are two obvious spots.

I think the Schaumburg site is a huge benefit as it gives them a controlled environment in which to work them up to speed in a controlled environment.   Both are veterans so they know how to get where they need to be. 

This whole last week seems bizarre,

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You might be right, but I think Bummer will be back for the playoffs. I think Rodon is done.

I mean I obviously don't have the insider information of NotCishek or anything, but just trying connect what is in front of us.  Hopefully I am wrong, because we can use them all.

EDIT:  OK everyone laugh at the moron!