Bummer and Rodon return, Detwiler and Not going to Cishek anymore DFAd

Kalapse

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Ruiz is probably getting ready to get tapped on the shoulder when Marshall comes back

right, what I mean is i thought Crochet would be playoff eligible as an injury replacement and I do not understand how that works if the guys he was "replacing" come back. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Detwiler is going the wrong way and has a history showing that wrong way is really him.  He's probably better than Ruiz. Cishek is probably better than Ruiz, but it's close enough for a who cares?

Ruiz is gone too, the order didn't really matter. Sox had three lefties with Fry, Bummer and Crochet all ahead of Detwiler.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

right, what I mean is i thought Crochet would be playoff eligible as an injury replacement and I do not understand how that works if the guys he was "replacing" come back. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere last week that said if you're in the pool of 60 players, you're post-season eligible. It's a weird year. Also explains why Vaughn is eligible. It's a weird year so regular rules don't apply.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

It's not about who you are replacing; the person is irrelevant. Rule is just written for this year if an injury forces a player onto the roster in the final 30 days, then said player is now postseason eligible. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere last week that said if you're in the pool of 60 players, you're post-season eligible. It's a weird year. Also explains why Vaughn is eligible. It's a weird year so regular rules don't apply.

Vaughn is a part of the final 40 man pool the Sox had to submit for the playoffs. Vaughn can only be placed on the roster in the playoffs for injury/COVID related reasons (I believe).

If a player was called up in the month of September for an injury related reason, they are automatically eligible for the playoffs even if no injury occurs within the playoffs. Both rules are related.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1