Bummer and Rodon return, Detwiler and Not going to Cishek anymore DFAd

Kalapse

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Getting Aaron Bummer back is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. What a boost to the pitching staff. Moves everyone up an inning and gives you absurd depth from the left side.

Getting him back with a few days to see where he is at is a huge win. 

2 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

So Rodon is relegated to the pen, right?  Surely Ricky won't have him starting game 3 because he's a vet, right?  Please?  Right?

He wouldn't be stretched out enough for a start anyway...right?  But you never know based on recent decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

He wouldn't be stretched out enough for a start anyway...right?  But you never know based on recent decisions.

Game 3 the first series will be pitching by committe anyway. Dunning until first sign of him sucking. Cease until first sign of him sucking. Rodon until first sign of him sucking. 

I so want Hard Carl to start tomorrow and game 3 of playoffs (if necessary) and kick ass!  

I still think the Schomburg opportunity is allowing for injured pitchers especially veterans to be in a controlled environment for a longer period of time as opposed to the regular season where the rehab time in minors is limited. 

21 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Game 3 the first series will be pitching by committe anyway. Dunning until first sign of him sucking. Cease until first sign of him sucking. Rodon until first sign of him sucking. 

Hopefully Keuchel pitches deep in game 2 and we have our full bullpen available for game 3 (if necessary).  Then you don't even have to worry about Cease or Rodon coming in. Even if Dunning only went 2 innings, then Heuer comes in for the 3rd and 4th, Crochet pitches the 5th, Foster the 6th, Marshall the 7th, Bummer the 8th, Colome the 9th.

Now, I don't expect Dunning to only go 2 innings, but the options are there if necessary.  Hell, we could go a full bullpen game and I would feel good about every inning.

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Hopefully Keuchel pitches deep in game 3 and we have our full bullpen available for game 3 (if necessary).  Then you don't even have to worry about Cease or Rodon coming in. Even if Dunning only went 2 innings, then Heuer comes in for the 3rd and 4th, Crochet pitches the 5th, Foster the 6th, Marshall the 7th, Bummer the 8th, Colome the 9th.

Now, I don't expect Dunning to only go 2 innings, but the options are there if necessary.  Hell, we could go a full bullpen game and I would feel good about every inning.

Love every bit of this!  Maybe you get the option of trying Cease or Rodon if the Sox put up some runs early?  

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ruiz is gone too, the order didn't really matter. Sox had three lefties with Fry, Bummer and Crochet all ahead of Detwiler.

Really 4 with Rodon now.  

Don't need 6 lefties in the pen.  Bummer, Crochet, Rodon, Fry, Gio G and Detwiler.  

Feel bad for Big Ross Boss, but it was the right move. 

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think they should’ve DFAd either Fry or Gonzalez, not Detwiler.

Detwiler has been pitching about once a week for whatever reason, despite generally acceptable performances for most of the year (save his last outing). If all RR does is actually pitch Rodon as opposed to leaving Detwiler out there in the pen, it's better than nothing.