Bummer and Rodon return, Detwiler and Not going to Cishek anymore DFAd

Kalapse

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

For next year, you're willing to pay him $5 mil or so in arbitration? If he stays healthy for like 3 weeks now, that's about all you can hope for from him. Let someone else pay him $1 million next year if he looks good the next couple weeks. 

Rodon could be the next Pomeranz, if he flashes that type of ability coming out of the bullpen then I’m bringing him back next year for $5M.

19 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm so confused by the guys pandering for Ross Detwiler. Citing his 3.2 ERA this year at 34 years old, through 19 innings, while completely ignoring the entire duration of his career before then.

I'm equally confused by people thinking Rodon has anything left in the tank.

• Like 1

Detwiler should try to learn a knuckleball. I don’t know why guys with pretty much no career left don’t give it a shot, Obviously not everyone can do it, but some busted out pitcher out there could be the next RJDickey or Wilbur Wood. They fit into today’s game quite well. Everyone is geared up for 95-100. A floater is going to be a tough adjustment. They can eat up innings. Catchers hate them because their passed balls go up, but with sabermetrics they probably won’t be hurt too much. And yes, they usually are pretty easy to run on but nobody runs anymore.

Todd Frazier was throwing one the other night, and struck someone and a couple cans of corn.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

I think he's closer to a Drew Pomeranz type. I don't think he'll throw harder than 92-93 even out of the pen. 

I'm in the camp of closer to Andrew Miller - if his arm is healthy he's going to be LETHAL out of the pen...LETHAL.  Now someone will rightfully tell me his arm / back whatever isn't healthy and that is probably a super fair point.  

It will be interesting to see what Rodon has coming out of the bullpen. Since his shoulder surgery, his first inning usually featured his lowest velocity. If he can throw 95 and command his slider, he would be pretty tough but he wasnt  able to do that consistently before the shoulder and elbow problems. We will see. I have always liked him, but he is probably in his final days with the White Sox. I can’t see them paying him his arb figure. I really didn’t get why they did it this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It will be interesting to see what Rodon has coming out of the bullpen. Since his shoulder surgery, his first inning usually featured his lowest velocity. If he can throw 95 and command his slider, he would be pretty tough but he wasnt  able to do that consistently before the shoulder and elbow problems. We will see. I have always liked him, but he is probably in his final days with the White Sox. I can’t see them paying him his arb figure. I really didnt get why they did it this year.

Agreed

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Carlos Rodon healthy is a MUCH better option than a healthy Detwiler or Cishek right now.  Even a mostly healthy Rodon is a better option than those guys.  Dragging 1980 into it for no good reason just shows it is about your feelings.

Wrong again, Rodon is healthy, he's not a relief pitcher, he's never been a relief pitcher, the only strikes he can throw are meat, and he sucks ass.

Detwiler was the better option now, period.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1