9/18 White Sox @ Reds at 6:10

bmags

Pregaming at the Revolution Brew Pub. While I hope pregame Thunderstruck is a permanent casualty of COVID, because well, 15 years and AC/DC, Revolution’s imperial stout Thundertaker is very good.

Calle, a sippy cup sweet Hazy Citrus Line pour.

E6-FA7-DFD-0252-474-F-A756-13-A2-DB0-A81

Thundertaker, a Barrel Aged Imperial Rye Stout.

614-F0-EED-8021-48-AB-952-E-EB8749-FCD91

As close as I’ll get to the Revolution tap room in Comiskey Park II this season, or the Goose Island section for that matter.

Go White Sox!

• Like 4

We just clinched a playoff spot after taking 3 of 4 against our biggest rivals. Many of our bats are slumping, and we are about to run into some really really good pitching. Sox seem ripe for a let-down, will be interested to see if they can avoid the trap series. 

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Dyson got 2 hits and 2 stolen bases yesterday and he's back on the bench AND Mazara is back in the lineup.

Because Dyson is what he is at this point in his career, a defensive replacement and spot starter. AND RH traded for Mazara to see if they can use him as a long term starter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pregaming at the Revolution Brew Pub. While I hope pregame Thunderstruck is a permanent casualty of COVID, because well, 15 years and AC/DC, Revolution’s imperial stout Thundertaker is very good.

Calle, a sippy cup sweet Hazy Citrus Line pour.

E6-FA7-DFD-0252-474-F-A756-13-A2-DB0-A81

Thundertaker, a Barrel Aged Imperial Rye Stout.

614-F0-EED-8021-48-AB-952-E-EB8749-FCD91

As close as I’ll get to the Revolution tap room in Comiskey Park II this season, or the Goose Island section for that matter.

Go White Sox!

This post is just cruel and unusual punishment for someone stuck at work but  :cheers

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Cool, time to start resting some guys.  That said, it's time to stop playing Mazara.

Mazara gets to start every game after his replacement gets 2 hits...those are just the rules, I didn't make them up, they are just what they are.

21 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Dyson got 2 hits and 2 stolen bases yesterday and he's back on the bench AND Mazara is back in the lineup.

We should never be wanting Dyson to start.  I'm glad he did well, but this is garbage. You wanna be like "Engel should start", that's a different discussion.  But Dyson actually had a good history against Maeda, that's part of the reason he got the start.

• Like 1

I support Mazara starting now that they've clinched a spot.  They have 10 games left to figure out who should appear in the playoffs/be resigned next year.  They believed in Mazara and it has not worked. I don't blame them for giving him one more shot before he's non-tendered.  EE, on the other hand, that I don't get.  I mean, with Vaughn waiting in the wings, no way they pick up his option.

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

This post is just cruel and unusual punishment for someone stuck at work but  :cheers

Worked until 50 (51 now), work hard, save what you can, live within/below your means, and hope you can join me enjoying a nice September afternoon.

The sad thing is in the past could put away a few heavy hitters (Thundertaker 14.6%), but can’t (and frankly shouldn’t) extend myself, especially in the afternoon.

Taking a walk and possibly a quick nap to be ready for White Sox baseball at 6:10 CDT.

Enjoy the weekend and stay thirsty my friends!

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

We should never be wanting Dyson to start.  I'm glad he did well, but this is garbage. You wanna be like "Engel should start", that's a different discussion.  But Dyson actually had a good history against Maeda, that's part of the reason he got the start.

Alternate Dyson and Engel and keep Mazara on the bench.