9/18 White Sox @ Reds at 6:10

bmags

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Our offense is absolute DOGSHIT tonight

offense hasn't really been that great since Detroit.

Some other guys need to start hitting.. the line-up isn't so all world when Roberts can't hit anything.. yoan has no pop... EE hits an occasional timly HR but makes a lot of outs. 

Grandal really not hitting as of late.. most of our line-up kind of sucks right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

Some other guys need to start hitting.. the line-up isn't so all world when Roberts can't hit anything.. yoan has no pop... EE hits an occasional timly HR but makes a lot of outs. 

Grandal really not hitting as of late.. most of our line-up kind of sucks right now.

I would actually consider putting Madrigal 2nd in the order for a few games

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Yes there are many holes in this lineup right now.

6 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Would have been very interesting to see them face off. 

I love Votto because he’s from Toronto and he’s the best player I ever played against. 

That is very understandable then.  Very cool.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think I would like Moncada and Robert to not be back to back right now....it is a real rally killer, especially when Nomore follows them.

Yeah and I'm done with the Mazara experiment. I know he got on base tonight.  But He doesn't do anything for this team. From here on out I start Engel everyday in right. Get him ready for the playoffs. Your lineup is better with him. Your defense is better with him.

Edited by smellysox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

It may be tough to get far in the playoffs (or even to the 2nd round) if Moncada and Robert do not turn it around at the plate. 

definitely, but as far as I'm concerned we are playing with house money right now, if sox get bounced in the first or second rd I dont think it'll bother me much as long as the best players are playing.  if RR continues throwing mazara and EE out there to start games in the playoffs, and they lose games.. yeah that would piss a lot of people off

5 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Yeah and I'm done with the Mazara experiment. I know he got on base tonight.  But He doesn't do anything for this team. From here on out I start Engel everyday in right. Get him ready for the playoffs. Your lineup is better with him. Your defense is better with him.

Can't argue with this. Nomar has no pop, either. No home runs. in over 100 at bats. Engel at least is the Sox grinder, the current Rowand. Time to ship Nomar to another team and give him another fresh chance. Maybe the Royals for a reliever? Or to the Royals for Bubba Starling? Trade two guys who need a change of scenery?

BTW, I feel so lucky to have Benetti and Stone/tonight Jackson as Sox game callers. My mlb was acting weird freezing up so I put it on the home team crew for the ninth. It took two pitches before the crew moaned and groaned about a ball/strike call. Most announcers spend the whole game moaning about ump calls and blasting the opponent. Sox announcers are not annoying, they are ENTERTAINING.

Bad loss tonight. It will happen with the lift and pull, HR or K philosophy throughout baseball. Let's hope Sox continue to have more games where they hit 3-5 home runs than get 3 to 5 total hits. GO SOX! Reds are .500; can they make playoffs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

definitely, but as far as I'm concerned we are playing with house money right now, if sox get bounced in the first or second rd I dont think it'll bother me much as long as the best players are playing.  if RR continues throwing mazara and EE out there to start games in the playoffs, and they lose games.. yeah that would piss a lot of people off

I know what you mean about house money, but if Sox win the division, it'd be nice to represent and make the ALCS as a minimum. Get in there and hope we get red hot. Like in '05, Sox made it; might as well win it.

Edited by greg775

11 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I kind of expected this. Just finished a big series and they probably didn’t feel that intensity today. Hopefully they feel it tomorrow with Bauer going. 

Not sure intensity had anything to do with it..Cincy is playing well and can pitch. We got smacked in the mouth tonight, try again tomorrow.