Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree, but I’ll admit the way Not Steve Cishek “reported” at the deadline reeks of fraud.

I don't know about fraud, but I think the guy has the credibility of Peggy Kusinski's son at this point...if that high.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skooch said:

Yeah, the nerve of him to have an opinion that you don't agree with...

I definitely want him still. I can see people having issues with the birther comments. If Timmy is cool with Bauer (it appears he is), bring him aboard

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I definitely want him still. I can see people having issues with the birther comments. If Timmy is cool with Bauer (it appears he is), bring him aboard

I'll follow TA's lead.  I would also love him especially on a 1 year deal....if he goes for a 2nd year "option" even better.  

Love how he says its ego centric to say that humans caused climate change.  Meanwhile not seeing how massively egotistical it is for a ball player to sit there and insinuate that scientists who have spent their entire lives studying the climate dont know as much as Trevor Bauer.  Yikes, what a fucking moron.  😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Dude becomes a moron when he talks outside his wheelhouse, but cancellation isn’t that much of a thing. Most of the time people just whine about things someone said and, unless it’s exceptionally insane, life moves on

Inside his wheelhouse, his knowledge of pitching is off the charts imho.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Every time Bauer opens his mouth, it makes me like Gerrit Cole a little bit more.  Plenty of baseball players are Aubrey Huff/Jake Arrieta-style knuckleheads.  If the Sox sign him, I'll suspend my loathing for the length of the contract, I guess.  Can't make me like him, though.

Aubrey Huff is his own level of crazy.

• Like 3

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Damn, was unaware of this side of him. 

I'm fine passing on him. Let's go another route. 

You're going to pass on him due to his political opinions but not because he wants to ignore all coaching and disrupt the pitching staff.

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

You're going to pass on him due to his political opinions but not because he wants to ignore all coaching and disrupt the pitching staff.

I disagree with the second part. I like his outlook on pitching and admire the idea of pitching every 4 days. 

4 hours ago, wegner said:

I'll follow TA's lead.  I would also love him especially on a 1 year deal....if he goes for a 2nd year "option" even better.  

Yea Tim likes Bauer alot. And Bauer was one of the first who defended Tim during the whole "bat flip" controversy. He likes fun in baseball. 

7 hours ago, Tony said:

These are his quotes from the article:

I want to win. I want to be with a team that has a winning culture. I want to be there in the playoffs. I want a chance at a World Series. That’s one thing that really drives me. I want a chance to pitch every fourth day instead of every fifth. That really drives me. Going along with that: how’s the medical staff? How’s the technology — the information that’s available on the coaching staff? What’s the culture of the organization like? 

Again, I think it comes back to I just want a chance to win every year. I want to be in a situation where I feel valued and I have the chance to conduct my career the way I want to conduct it. So, pitch every fourth day, and stuff like that. I want to challenge myself and have a chance to do those things. So if there’s a situation where it presents itself where it is a four-year or five-year deal, and I feel confident that’s going to be a situation that’s good for me, I would consider it. I do think that in order to do the things that I want to do, I think I’m going to have to take on a little more risk than normal in those long-term contracts. …I’m not afraid of the one-year deals. I’m not afraid of the longer deals. It’s just going to be a case-by-case basis, and we’ll see what the situations look like.

That all seems.....reasonable.

I don't feel the need to repeat my same argument and annoy everyone, so I'll leave this as the last time. 

Since Bauer was in college he has been a notorious dick head/unlikable me-first guy. I've also read, but never heard, that he was a dick head in high school too.

I can tolerate a lot of things, but if Tito can't tolerate you then I likely couldn't tolerate you either. I don't for one second doubt his work ethic - Bauer is an incredibly self centered person and he wants to be the smartest and best so he puts in the work. 

It's great that Bauer said all those things... guess what, he was just on a team with a winning culture who was in the playoffs and he cut his hand playing with a drone costing them a World Series possibly, and then the within the next two years he pissed off Tito enough that they were done with him. 

Trevor Bauer cares about one person, Trevor Bauer. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Love how he says its ego centric to say that humans caused climate change.  Meanwhile not seeing how massively egotistical it is for a ball player to sit there and insinuate that scientists who have spent their entire lives studying the climate dont know as much as Trevor Bauer.  Yikes, what a fucking moron.  😂

He's technically correct.  Climate change has many contributing factors.  He's not denying that man has contributed to it, he is expressing skepticism that we could ever control it.  

Short of a mass extinction event, he's largely correct.  

3 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

He's technically correct.  Climate change has many contributing factors.  He's not denying that man has contributed to it, he is expressing skepticism that we could ever control it.  

Short of a mass extinction event, he's largely correct.  

Bauer and ChiSox1917; authorities on climate science. Good to know.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1