Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Trevor Bauer updates

Recommended Posts

In my opinion, it’s fair game if someone tags your account. She @ him on Twitter. If she just said “Trevor Bauer” and he found the tweet and replied, I’d look at it much different. But Trevor Bauer is human like the rest of us and I’m sure there are times he gets frustrated and responds. It’s not the smartest thing for him to do for the reasons others have mentioned. He knows others will attack and that’s no bueno. But as the girl, you know Trevor Bauer has responded to randoms before, plenty of times. Don’t poke the bear if you don’t want to deal with the ramifications. 

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Trevor Bauer did nothing wrong tonight. Don't interact with fans? Get criticized. Interact with fans? Get criticized. Bauer has a history and that's fine but today was ridiculous. 

Exactly. It's not like he looked at the tweet, saw it was a woman, and then was like I'm going to humiliate (aka respond to her in a joking matter). He responds the same way to everybody. 

 

Bring on as many personalities into baseball as you can and market them. Baseball is going to be hockey in a decade at this rate. You'll have your die hard fans, and then that's it. 

 

Also if you're offended by Bauer? Yikes. Then everything in the world must offend you. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Exactly. It's not like he looked at the tweet, saw it was a woman, and then was like I'm going to humiliate (aka respond to her in a joking matter). He responds the same way to everybody. 

 

Bring on as many personalities into baseball as you can and market them. Baseball is going to be hockey in a decade at this rate. You'll have your die hard fans, and then that's it. 

 

Also if you're offended by Bauer? Yikes. Then everything in the world must offend you. 

Less offended and more "expect a professional pitcher to not be a complete dumbass on Twitter." 

I've had friends and coworkers get rape and death threats simply for having bylines at major publications. If someone says something to Bauer on twitter, then he decides to "flex his online muscle" and ultimately not sign with their team (which would be completely independent of the twitter incident), Twitter trolls would 100% harass the person to no end.

Is it fucking stupid? Yes. Should they just not engage with someone like Bauer? Yes. Should Bauer realize he's a professional athlete and be the bigger person? Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bauer reminds me of Chris Sale in his cut up the uniform type moments.  I loved Chris on the mound but his off-field judgement was not always the best.  Some of these so-called stars abuse their celebrity with childish tantrums not tolerated from the average player.  I would like seeing Bauer in a WS uniform but I hope he is learning to control himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quin said:

Less offended and more "expect a professional pitcher to not be a complete dumbass on Twitter." 

I've had friends and coworkers get rape and death threats simply for having bylines at major publications. If someone says something to Bauer on twitter, then he decides to "flex his online muscle" and ultimately not sign with their team (which would be completely independent of the twitter incident), Twitter trolls would 100% harass the person to no end.

Is it fucking stupid? Yes. Should they just not engage with someone like Bauer? Yes. Should Bauer realize he's a professional athlete and be the bigger person? Yes.

Don't play the Twitter game if you're sensitive and not wanting to get hurt.  

And what's odd here, I don't think this woman is even bothered or hurt by what Bauer responded.   At least I haven't seen it.  If so, she'd probably delete her tweet and even take down her account. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Don't play the Twitter game if you're sensitive and not wanting to get hurt.  

And what's odd here, I don't think this woman is even bothered or hurt by what Bauer responded.   At least I haven't seen it.  If so, she'd probably delete her tweet and even take down her account. 

 

I'm not focusing on this woman, I'm focusing specifically on Bauer's pattern of behavior. Maybe I expect too much from someone receiving millions of dollars from a professional organization.

All of this being said, I'd still sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Bauer shouldn't be so easily triggered or people are going to really start trying to get him to snap.

I don't think he was actually triggered here lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tony said:

In my opinion, it’s fair game if someone tags your account. She @ him on Twitter. If she just said “Trevor Bauer” and he found the tweet and replied, I’d look at it much different. But Trevor Bauer is human like the rest of us and I’m sure there are times he gets frustrated and responds. It’s not the smartest thing for him to do for the reasons others have mentioned. He knows others will attack and that’s no bueno. But as the girl, you know Trevor Bauer has responded to randoms before, plenty of times. Don’t poke the bear if you don’t want to deal with the ramifications. 

He could have replied, he quote tweeted.

Im not tar and feathering Bauer, I guess it’s only fair he criticize. But the comments here on “what Twitter is” are probably the worst people on Twitter that ruin the whole thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

He could have replied, he quote tweeted.

Im not tar and feathering Bauer, I guess it’s only fair he criticize. But the comments here on “what Twitter is” are probably the worst people on Twitter that ruin the whole thing.

He could have done a lot of things different, and the right thing would have been to ignore it. I agree with that. 

However, "Megan" deserves some blame here as well.  Just because he has the bigger following doesn't give Megan the right to be an asshole, which is 100% what she was being with her tweet. And just like Bauer could have replied instead of quote tweeted, Megan could have said "Hey Trevor Bauer, we don't want you here!" rather than tagging @BauerOutage. 

I mean, if you really want to break down the tweet, her exact wording was "Just in case there is ANY doubt in your mind Trevor WE DONT WANT YOU HERE" and on top of it, she replied to HIS tweet. So not only did she phase it directly at him by saying "Just in case there is any doubt in your mind Trevor..." but she replied to his tweet. It seems like was sort of asking for a response, no? 

I guess my point is Megan needs to be better just like Bauer does. It's a two way street here. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tony said:

He could have done a lot of things different, and the right thing would have been to ignore it. I agree with that. 

However, "Megan" deserves some blame here as well.  Just because he has the bigger following doesn't give Megan the right to be an asshole, which is 100% what she was being with her tweet. And just like Bauer could have replied instead of quote tweeted, Megan could have said "Hey Trevor Bauer, we don't want you here!" rather than tagging @BauerOutage. 

I mean, if you really want to break down the tweet, her exact wording was "Just in case there is ANY doubt in your mind Trevor WE DONT WANT YOU HERE" and on top of it, she replied to HIS tweet. So not only did she phase it directly at him by saying "Just in case there is any doubt in your mind Trevor..." but she replied to his tweet. It seems like was sort of asking for a response, no? 

I guess my point is Megan needs to be better just like Bauer does. It's a two way street here. 

Cool, well she learned her lesson.

 

is this Bauer’s fault for something someone else wrote? No, but it is completely predictable on what would happen to anyone who has used Twitter for longer than a day. So yes he deserves criticism for doing something that ends up encouraging a bunch of insane followers to get their misogynist  rocks off.  
 

I would like if Bauer signs. I’ve followed him a long time. I think he’s legit a genius. But he’s also legitimately abusive especially often punching down. But he’s not a domestic abuser, he’s not a drunk. But he is that and I don’t think people should let him off the hook when he again forgets to think through the power of his actions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Cool, well she learned her lesson.

 

is this Bauer’s fault for something someone else wrote? No, but it is completely predictable on what would happen to anyone who has used Twitter for longer than a day. So yes he deserves criticism for doing something that ends up encouraging a bunch of insane followers to get their misogynist  rocks off.  
 

I would like if Bauer signs. I’ve followed him a long time. I think he’s legit a genius. But he’s also legitimately abusive especially often punching down. But he’s not a domestic abuser, he’s not a drunk. But he is that and I don’t think people should let him off the hook when he again forgets to think through the power of his actions.

But again bmags.......you yourself just said "It's completely predictable on what would happen to anyone who has used Twitter for longer than a day."

You're right! It was predictable and not right by Bauer. I agree with you that she should have been better than that and not punch down. BUT....as you said, he's done this time and time again. Megan knows this, because she's used Twitter for longer than a day. So if you want to go after Bauer......you are 100% signing up for the possible ramifications of how shitty Twitter can be. That doesn't excuse ANY of the DM's or nasty comments she is getting. That's not what I'm saying. But we both agree you know that's what will happen in these cases....and she still decided to engage with Bauer. 

My point is in this specific instance with all the facts laid out, in my opinion they both shoulder the blame. 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Political posts have been removed.

Note, for future reference, instead of exacerbating the issue, please use the report function.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, hogan873 said:

Don't forget the numerous tweets from Nightengale saying the Sox are not in contact with Bauer.

From what I can tell, Hahn plays this stuff incredibly close to the vest.  The Grandal thing came out of absolute nowhere, as did several of the extensions he pulled off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is la russa can we assume it is a pure Jerry decision and not a Hahn decision? 

I doubt hahn wants to fire Renteria for not understanding analytics and then hire a 76 year old...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tony said:

But again bmags.......you yourself just said "It's completely predictable on what would happen to anyone who has used Twitter for longer than a day."

You're right! It was predictable and not right by Bauer. I agree with you that she should have been better than that and not punch down. BUT....as you said, he's done this time and time again. Megan knows this, because she's used Twitter for longer than a day. So if you want to go after Bauer......you are 100% signing up for the possible ramifications of how shitty Twitter can be. That doesn't excuse ANY of the DM's or nasty comments she is getting. That's not what I'm saying. But we both agree you know that's what will happen in these cases....and she still decided to engage with Bauer. 

My point is in this specific instance with all the facts laid out, in my opinion they both shoulder the blame. 

It was stupid by her but a sports superstar is held to a higher standard than a random girl with 150 followers. 

If a girl insulted Donald trump and he responded with " kill yourself fat ass b****" people wouldn't say "they both did wrong and he just paid it back so it is ok" but the politician would be blamed more (OK that is a bad example as it probably has happened, but let's assume a regular politician who is held to standards would do this😁). 

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

It was stupid by her but a sports superstar is held to a higher standard than a random girl with 150 followers. 

If a girl insulted Donald trump and he responded with " kill yourself fat ass b****" people wouldn't say "they both did wrong and he just paid it back so it is ok" but the politician would be blamed more (OK that is a bad example as it probably has happened, but let's assume a regular politician who is held to standards would do this😁). 

Big difference between a ball player and a President, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

It was stupid by her but a sports superstar is held to a higher standard than a random girl with 150 followers. 

If a girl insulted Donald trump and he responded with " kill yourself fat ass b****" people wouldn't say "they both did wrong and he just paid it back so it is ok" but the politician would be blamed more (OK that is a bad example as it probably has happened, but let's assume a regular politician who is held to standards would do this😁). 

1. There is absolutely ZERO reason to bring politics into this specific discussion

2. This was an incredibly lazy response to what I described. Sorry, but there is much more nuance to this situation that it being that cut and dry. 

3. To say that Bauer did anything remotely close to what you're describing in that made up response is ridiculous. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 12:53 PM, Quin said:

I'm not focusing on this woman, I'm focusing specifically on Bauer's pattern of behavior. Maybe I expect too much from someone receiving millions of dollars from a professional organization.

All of this being said, I'd still sign him.

I expect nothing more of the white sox pitchers than to throw strikes and not break any laws.  Anything else they do, including getting their rocks off by trolling on twitter, couldnt care less about.  
 

also, i dont buy this argument that bauer is somehow responsible for the actions of other people. Its similar to people blaming moises alous reaction for the treatment bartman got.  

On 10/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, bmags said:

Cool, well she learned her lesson.

 

is this Bauer’s fault for something someone else wrote? No, but it is completely predictable on what would happen to anyone who has used Twitter for longer than a day. So yes he deserves criticism for doing something that ends up encouraging a bunch of insane followers to get their misogynist  rocks off.  
 

I would like if Bauer signs. I’ve followed him a long time. I think he’s legit a genius. But he’s also legitimately abusive especially often punching down. But he’s not a domestic abuser, he’s not a drunk. But he is that and I don’t think people should let him off the hook when he again forgets to think through the power of his actions.

If you cant handle a few death threats in the dms on twitter, than twitters not for you.  This is obviously tongue in cheek. But honestly, like 99% of death threats arent legitimate threats. God ive lost count of the number of “death threats” ive gotten for cheesing fifa in online games.  

Edited by ChiSox1917
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, Quin said:

Less offended and more "expect a professional pitcher to not be a complete dumbass on Twitter." 

I've had friends and coworkers get rape and death threats simply for having bylines at major publications. If someone says something to Bauer on twitter, then he decides to "flex his online muscle" and ultimately not sign with their team (which would be completely independent of the twitter incident), Twitter trolls would 100% harass the person to no end.

Is it fucking stupid? Yes. Should they just not engage with someone like Bauer? Yes. Should Bauer realize he's a professional athlete and be the bigger person? Yes.

First I agree like 50% with you - i agree with almost all of the last sentences/line. But I'd agree with you more if Bauer said anything even remotely bad. Also ask an Ashley Rodon or any of these players/players wives the shit they have to endure from Joe nobody on a couch whos fat, out of shape, and trying to find joy through a baseball GAME. 

I think we have to start giving people more credit in this world, let them make their own conclusions. Imagine if just because you were admin on this site that you had to censor what you said, or you know, every critical comment you made you had to watch beacuse the people of Sox Talk respected you/looked up to you so much, that we were out there giving death threats to Tony LaRussa or Nomar Mazara (just two disliked guys on the board). Would you think that's fair to you to have to censor yourself? 

Like, lets say someone posted, "Nomar Mazara is such a bum, he doesn't deserve to be on this team, just if there is any doubt in your mind Nomar WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!"

And then you responded - hey Sox Talk, is Matt (me)  your official sox talk spokesperson? Should Nomar not resign his Sox contract?? Please advise. 

And beacuse you have so much clout as an admin of the site people started coming after me giving me death threats... 

What I am saying, yes, that's a wild hypothetical becauase we're nobodies on a message board (and nobody wants Mazara back haha), but imagine walking in their shoes ... was the exchange really that bad?

 

The tweet exchange: Just in case there is ANY doubt in your mind Trevor WE DONT WANT YOU HERE

The response: Hey Dodgers fans is ________ your official spokesperson? Should I cancel my trip to LA or ...?? Please advise

 

If Megan was Bob would this be a story? Do you really think that Bauer cared if it was Bob or Megan? Now he's got blue check marks calling him misogynistic over that above exchange.. just seems like this world has gone overboard with overreactions...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

I expect nothing more of the white sox pitchers than to throw strikes and not break any laws.  Anything else they do, including getting their rocks off by trolling on twitter, couldnt care less about.  
 

also, i dont buy this argument that bauer is somehow responsible for the actions of other people. Its similar to people blaming moises alous reaction for the treatment bartman got.  

If you cant handle a few death threats in the dms on twitter, than twitters not for you.  This is obviously tongue in cheek. But honestly, like 99% of death threats arent legitimate threats. God ive lost count of the number of “death threats” ive gotten for cheesing fifa in online games.  

And kind of this too. I mean, Ill come off as an asshole, but I think there is a difference between " go kill yourself you fat piece of shit" and reality. We're like 2 decades into the internet and being able to instantly connect with billions of people in the world. I think we're just figuring the rules, norms, and how to handle it. 

I give 30% of the blame to Megan, 60% to the people responding like assholes, and 10% to Bauer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

Wonder if Steve throwing this out there is publicly declaring Sox going after him aggressively. 

I still feel that offering him the starter/pitching coach hybrid role would sway him to join any team. Build out a plan and a framework for a few year deal, and it transitions to full time pitching coach upon career end. I doubt the sox would be willing to commit to that type of contract (still has years left of starting)...but any team that does will surely have an edge with him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox are gonna sign Bauer and hire TLR and they are going to get in a knife fight by the end of July. Bauer will try to bump off Tony with his drone.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×