Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Trevor Bauer updates

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What a headache this guy is. Pass.

He’s a perfect fit for what we need and would instantly make us the #1 team in the AL.  If he’s willing to accept a one year deal, he should be the #1 priority.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What a headache this guy is. Pass.

Seems like a guy that knows what he wants and wants to compete/win. We have enough leadership (Abreu/DK/TA) that I would love to sign him. That's besides the obvious talent. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to put Bauer at the front of this staff, plus slot everyone else back a spot would be huge. It would greatly reduce what you need from the young starters next year, as well as the pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a Bauer multi-year would be on the Sox shopping list or budget. The rest sounds ok. The signs seem to point to a depressed postseason market even with a November 2 vaccine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bauer is in love with the art of pitching and would be the best mentor for our pitchers. Look what he does for every club he plays for. Id give him a big contract

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had suggested earlier that I believed the Sox would target both Quintana and Joc on short one year deals because both players had an incentive to sign prove it deals after their 2020 seasons and also the Sox would like the flexibility of cheap one year deals plus also Jerry prolly breathing down their necks about financial "losses"  so Bauer might be out (Q might cost 10m on 1 yr deal, Bauer alot more).

This morning, Not Cishek, reported there was a meeting between Hahn and others and the expected targets were none other than Joc and Q. 

Bauer may be gone as expected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I had suggested earlier that I believed the Sox would target both Quintana and Joc on short one year deals because both players had an incentive to sign prove it deals after their 2020 seasons and also the Sox would like the flexibility of cheap one year deals plus also Jerry prolly breathing down their necks about financial "losses"  so Bauer might be out (Q might cost 10m on 1 yr deal, Bauer alot more).

This morning, Not Cishek, reported there was a meeting between Hahn and others and the expected targets were none other than Joc and Q. 

Bauer may be gone as expected 

Haven’t we learned.

  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Haven’t we learned.

I think people put WAY too much faith into things having to happen 100% for them to be true.  Deals fall apart all of the time in MLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What a headache this guy is. Pass.

These are his quotes from the article:

I want to win. I want to be with a team that has a winning culture. I want to be there in the playoffs. I want a chance at a World Series. That’s one thing that really drives me. I want a chance to pitch every fourth day instead of every fifth. That really drives me. Going along with that: how’s the medical staff? How’s the technology — the information that’s available on the coaching staff? What’s the culture of the organization like? 
 

Again, I think it comes back to I just want a chance to win every year. I want to be in a situation where I feel valued and I have the chance to conduct my career the way I want to conduct it. So, pitch every fourth day, and stuff like that. I want to challenge myself and have a chance to do those things. So if there’s a situation where it presents itself where it is a four-year or five-year deal, and I feel confident that’s going to be a situation that’s good for me, I would consider it. I do think that in order to do the things that I want to do, I think I’m going to have to take on a little more risk than normal in those long-term contracts. …I’m not afraid of the one-year deals. I’m not afraid of the longer deals. It’s just going to be a case-by-case basis, and we’ll see what the situations look like.


That all seems.....reasonable.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Haven’t we learned.

He is right a decent amount. Im not sure he was wrong on Woodruff given wsd seemed to have the same info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance the white sox and their anti analytical kinda old schoolish style stance on things will sign this legend. 
 

Our organization is not ran the way it should be in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really sure what to think here. On the one hand he’s obviously supremely talented, a fact that really can’t be debated. 
 

on the other hand, he’s a polarizing personality. But, I don’t think that’s as big of a deal with a starting pitcher. They usually do their own thing anyways. 
 

I don’t see this happening because of Coop, and not blaming either guy. I can’t see them meshing well. At all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

No chance the white sox and their anti analytical kinda old schoolish style stance on things will sign this legend. 
 

 Our organization is not ran the way it should be in 2020

I don't think we sign him anyway, but the team's recent incorporation of analytics is a big reason they're so good

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I became a big fan watching his analysis of Giolito's no hitter.  He is so knowledgeable about the art and science of pitching and would be terrific for our young pitchers imho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

He is right a decent amount. Im not sure he was wrong on Woodruff given wsd seemed to have the same info

I don’t like when people go back and delete tweets, for which he did in regards to Johnson or Vaughn possibly in line for a promotion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tony said:

These are his quotes from the article:

I want to win. I want to be with a team that has a winning culture. I want to be there in the playoffs. I want a chance at a World Series. That’s one thing that really drives me. I want a chance to pitch every fourth day instead of every fifth. That really drives me. Going along with that: how’s the medical staff? How’s the technology — the information that’s available on the coaching staff? What’s the culture of the organization like? 
 

Again, I think it comes back to I just want a chance to win every year. I want to be in a situation where I feel valued and I have the chance to conduct my career the way I want to conduct it. So, pitch every fourth day, and stuff like that. I want to challenge myself and have a chance to do those things. So if there’s a situation where it presents itself where it is a four-year or five-year deal, and I feel confident that’s going to be a situation that’s good for me, I would consider it. I do think that in order to do the things that I want to do, I think I’m going to have to take on a little more risk than normal in those long-term contracts. …I’m not afraid of the one-year deals. I’m not afraid of the longer deals. It’s just going to be a case-by-case basis, and we’ll see what the situations look like.


That all seems.....reasonable.

I really do like Bauer but I think this board has blinders on if they think Bauer won’t be frustrating.

Hes a fascinating person. He has very low trust and it makes sense when you basically re write the book on what’s possible to develop as a pitcher, and prove the “experts” wrong.

But he doesn’t have friendly disagreements. He’s like the friend who responds to any mild criticism with “well your parents didn’t love you”.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wegner said:

I became a big fan watching his analysis of Giolito's no hitter.  He is so knowledgeable about the art and science of pitching and would be terrific for our young pitchers imho.

I’m unfamiliar with this.  Where can I find it?  YouTube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRDSR said:

I’m unfamiliar with this.  Where can I find it?  YouTube?

Check out the thread Trevor Bauer Breaks Down Giolito's No-No currently on p7 of SoxTalk threads and the video is there.  I found it fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s a perfect fit for what we need and would instantly make us the #1 team in the AL.  If he’s willing to accept a one year deal, he should be the #1 priority.

Pitching every 4 days will really mess up the rest of the rotation.  No one else will want to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Bauer is in love with the art of pitching and would be the best mentor for our pitchers. Look what he does for every club he plays for. Id give him a big contract

I dont think that just because he is in love with the art of pitching, it necessarily  translates to being a good mentor. He is in love with his version of pitching. If he is really pushing for pitching every 4 days, his philosophy is getting stranger and stranger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×