Sox @ Reds GT 9/19/20

soxfan49

F%$#&^%#$$ Mazara is not going to figure it out in a week.  Stop playing that bum and give Engel some damn at bats.  I hate being a broken record, but for crying out loud get Nomar out of the lineup.

Also 5 through 8 in that lineup are pretty damn close to automatic outs lately....very frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Was going to say exactly this. Hopefully they can turn the corner... specifically yoyo and Robert.

I agree.  Unfortunately, I don't know if Yoan can turn the corner this season, he is just not healthy.  Robert, who knows with a rookie.

25 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Was going to say exactly this. Hopefully they can turn the corner... specifically yoyo and Robert.

Yoyo and Robert have become automatic outs.  Hope they get untracked soon or the playoffs will be short and sweet.  Timmy and Jose have been doing all the work with Grandal, Eloy, McCann, and Madrigal pitching in on occasion.  EE and Mazara shouldn't be in the lineup.  We need one of those 10+ runs games to get us back on track.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yoyo and Robert have become automatic outs.  Hope they get untracked soon or the playoffs will be short and sweet.  Timmy and Jose have been doing all the work with Grandal, Eloy, McCann, and Madrigal pitching in on occasion.  EE and Mazara shouldn't be in the lineup.  We need one of those 10+ runs games to get us back on track.

Reminds me of this article from July 20th... very relevant: 

https://theathletic.com/1937984/2020/07/20/luis-robert-and-nick-madrigals-adjustment-speeds-could-sway-white-sox-season/?source=user_shared_article

”Luis Robert and Nick Madrigal’s Adjustment Speeds Could Sway White Sox Season”

28 minutes ago, hi8is said:

https://theathletic.com/1937984/2020/07/20/luis-robert-and-nick-madrigals-adjustment-speeds-could-sway-white-sox-season/?source=user_shared_article

28 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I am surprised Luis is still hitting .240.  It has felt more like the .167 that EE has produced.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I am surprised Luis is still hitting .240.  It has felt more like the .167 that EE has produced.

Luis hit that last ball right on the button for the last out yesterday....I know but I'm looking for any light at the end of the tunnel.  We need someone at the bottom of the lineup to get hot soon.

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Can’t expect to win anything come playoff time with 4 automatic outs in a row at the bottom of the lineup 

4 automatic outs with Madrigal who should never have been drafted, and can’t hit the ball 250 next, and Abreu, who has no business batting 3rd in a major league line up, batting 3rd, he should be batting 7th, and Robert, now an automatic out should be batting  3rd, and Grandal catching.Why would Grandal be catching with James McCann on the team? I have learned a lot from gamethreads, all in a year when the Sox have been one of the best offenses in the game. Usually the more pre game complaining, the more runs are scored.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

4 automatic outs with Madrigal who should never have been drafted, and can’t hit the ball 250 next, and Abreu, who has no business batting 3rd in a major league line up, batting 3rd, he should be batting 7th, and Robert, now an automatic out should be batting  3rd, and Grandal catching.Why would Grandal be catching with James McCann on the team? I have learned a lot from gamethreads, all in a year when the Sox have been one of the best offenses in the game. Usually the more pre game complaining, the more runs are scored.

What a minute, when did you become the voice of reason?  😁

• Haha 1

This White Sox-Reds 'MLB on Fox' broadcast tonite is the first game of 2020 that will be televised on free TV in the Chicago area.  No cable, satellite dish, or internet required.  Only an antenna.

The game will be shown on the regular Fox over-the-air network, which is different from the cable only networks FS1 or FS2.  Locally in the Chicago area the channel is:  Channel 32 WFLD.

Fox is airing 2 different MLB games at the same time in different parts of the country.  The other telecast is Braves vs. Mets.  Here is a link to a map showing which parts of the country will be receiving each game (courtesy of 506 Sports).  The White Sox vs. Reds game will be shown on your local Fox network affiliate for viewers located in the purple zone:

https://506sports.com/mlb.php?yr=2020&wk=6

I heard that A.J. Pierzynski is calling the ChiSox-Reds telecast ) 

Edited by InTheDriversSeat
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, InTheDriversSeat said:

This White Sox-Reds 'MLB on Fox' broadcast tonite is the first game of 2020 that will be televised on free TV in the Chicago area.  No cable, satellite dish, or internet required.  Only an antenna.

The game will be shown on the regular Fox over-the-air network, which is different from the cable only networks FS1 or FS2.  Locally in the Chicago area the channel is:  Channel 32 WFLD.

Fox is airing 2 different MLB games at the same time in different parts of the country.  The other telecast is Braves vs. Mets.  Here is a link to a map showing which parts of the country will be receiving each game (courtesy of 506 Sports).  The White Sox vs. Reds game will be shown on your local Fox network affiliate for viewers located in the purple zone:

https://506sports.com/mlb.php?yr=2020&wk=6

I heard that A.J. Pierzynski is calling the ChiSox-Reds telecast ) 

Damn, I'm in the red!