Sox @ Reds GT 9/19/20

soxfan49

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

I mean this should be the norm. You look fastball and it doesn't seem like he is. Even when he is getting fastballs he is not hitting them

Yeah I don't get it. He was super aggressive earlier this year too but showed good pitch recognition and made good contact when he hit the ball. It's like his pitch recognition skills completely disappeared. I almost wonder if they should send him down for a bit to work on that - it's probably too late now but if he's not hitting I don't think we go anywhere in the post season.

Just now, chw42 said:

Eloy looked like crap for weeks at a time last year until he figured it out in the 2nd half. It happens, but in a short season like this things are magnified.

Dats what up. Been honkin dis horn fo a minute, sun.

I just feel real bad for the kid. Robert looked like the ROY winner early in the season. Pitchers made their adjustments to him and he hasn’t figured out how to adjust to them. He is a talented young player with unlimited potential who is struggling real bad right now. I guess the idea is to leave him in the lineup and hope he can figure it out. Some of the greatest players struggled in their first year 

Edited by elrockinMT

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Eloy looked like crap for weeks at a time last year until he figured it out in the 2nd half. It happens, but in a short season like this things are magnified.

Yeah, that's where I was going with this. Unfortunately for Robert he doesn't have time to make counter-adjustments like Eloy did last year. I think if he had a full 162 he'd do it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Luis Robert is a future all-around star for our team.  We've all seen glimpses of the greatness that awaits him.  Right now, he's young and still new to the league, so it's not surprising in the least he's hit a tough stretch. 

He's only going to reach his full potential if he is given the chance to work through these growing pains.  He's going to get there, just everyone be patient.  When he comes out the other end of this slump he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.  Just relax and let him get there.