Sox @ Reds GT 9/19/20

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I mean I’m not in the camp of “Show the Sox some respect!” But if this is the only broadcast option tonight, I’m forced to consume it. And all it has been thus far is a slurp fest of Trevor Bauer and how the Reds are “on the move upwards” right now....meanwhile the Sox have been one of the best teams in baseball and have like 8 storylines going right now.....crickets. 

Completely spot on.  I don't think I'm bias either by saying the sox are one of the best stories in baseball this year.  Makes it that much better when they win though.  I definitely love Jason and Steve and while watching this  i appreciate them that much more. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

See, this is where you lose people. Fine, you don’t like him. He’s done a bunch that I see why people think he’s a douche. 

When you question what he’s done on the mound, that’s where your bias is entering the equation. 

He’s not questioning his talent or performance. 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

See, this is where you lose people. Fine, you don’t like him. He’s done a bunch that I see why people think he’s a douche. 

When you question what he’s done on the mound, that’s where your bias is entering the equation. 

I didn't question what he does on the mound. The question was baseball=good. I don't think everything he does around baseball is good.

Also, I've never said I didn't like him. He is the only FA TOR pitcher the Sox should sign if he stays on the 1 year deal.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, Sox80 said:

Completely spot on.  I don't think I'm bias either by saying the sox are one of the best stories in baseball this year.  Makes it that much better when they win though.  I definitely love Jason and Steve and while watching this  i appreciate them that much more. 

How do you not mention Madrigal and his two strike approach 

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I didn't question what he does on the mound. The question was baseball=good. I don't think everything he does around baseball is good.

I like most of his baseball takes. I typically don't follow people with his off the field takes on twitter but most of his baseball stuff makes up for it. 

Despite my very strong political opinions my best friend is a polar opposite of me on that front and we get along fine. That topic is off limits and we otherwise like each other. 

I like that he chooses to be himself even if I disagree with some of his takes. 

Edited by Jack Parkman