What starter pitcher next year is moved?

jaws7575

What was a worry at the beginning of the year is not any longer. This starting pitching staff is coming along nicely :) When the sox are defending world champs after putting down the Dodgers.  The staff next year Giloto , Dallas, Dunning, Cease,  who is the last spot Rodon always hurt? Lopez  I still think he can be a good number 4 or 5 in a staff.  If he has no more mental problems Kopich is a lock if healthy, and this Garrett one inning but wow I see a lot of potential . Rodon might be a middle relief guy  to save wear and tear on his worn out body same for lopez or are they trade bait?

48 minutes ago, jaws7575 said:

What was a worry at the beginning of the year is not any longer. This starting pitching staff is coming along nicely :) When the sox are defending world champs after putting down the Dodgers.  The staff next year Giloto , Dallas, Dunning, Cease,  who is the last spot Rodon always hurt? Lopez  I still think he can be a good number 4 or 5 in a staff.  If he has no more mental problems Kopich is a lock if healthy, and this Garrett one inning but wow I see a lot of potential . Rodon might be a middle relief guy  to save wear and tear on his worn out body same for lopez or are they trade bait?

Welcome to Soxtalk^2.

Cease is all smoke and mirrors.  I think we have 3/5 of our rotation for next year figured out with giolito, keuchel, and dunning.  

i hope they experiment with lopez as a reliever next spring because i think his future as a starter is over.  Rodon is done.  Doubt hes back next year.  So we’ve got kopech and cease for the last two spots.  Given the big questionmarks surrounding both, they need to sign one more quality starter this offseason.  Preferably bauer, but if they brought back Q i wouldnt be too upset.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jaws7575 said:

Rotation locks are Giolito Dunning Keuchel Cease.  Guys like Stiever, Lopez, Rodon are likely not gonna be starting.  I'd like to think Sox land Bauer but who knows.  Kopech will probably push Cease out if he cant figure out his command issues

You have to grade guys on  one year if they only have one year----have to have a best guess for the future not going to use minor league stats for major league players. I have to go by Rodon horrible record of being hurt. He might turn into the next Tom Seaver but I do not hold out much hope for that happening.  I like golito,  Dallas, love Dunning cease reminds me of danks-which is not bad. Kopech  should bnot be forgotten  if he can get his head together. I liked the small  look at our number one pick  for an inning last night. You have to make projections.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jaws7575 said:

You have to grade guys on  one year if they only have one year----have to have a best guess for the future not going to use minor league stats for major league players. I have to go by Rodon horrible record of being hurt. He might turn into the next Tom Seaver but I do not hold out much hope for that happening.  I like golito,  Dallas, love Dunning cease reminds me of danks-which is not bad. Kopech  should bnot be forgotten  if he can get his head together. I liked the small  look at our number one pick  for an inning last night. You have to make projections.

Welcome to Soxtalk.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jaws7575 said:

Welcome aboard. It's tough to project with our guys but I feel like we need another TOR arm and the rest can fight it out.