AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER

Tnetennba

My gosh the Sox are good at the longball. Nomar showed why teams are still giving him chances. He just blasted that home run. Jose's homer was truly majestic, so HIGH in the air, plopping into the seats. Anderson is amazing and Grandal's was a cannon. Also great pitching.

No complaints here. Didn't read the game thread. I'm sure it was pointed out Robert, the poor guy, looks lost. I'll never give up on him, but I wonder what he can do to avoid being an easy out. He's an automatic out right now, pitchers owning him. Wonder what he can do to adjust. Great win. Dallas looked good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Glad soxtalk manages to poo-poo another great win for the Sox in an awfully tough pitching matchup by citing the low BA of some starters. 

Robert has hit a wall recently. He will be fine, he is incredibly talented and is a hard worker. 50ish bad ABs are nothing unusual over the course of a season, especially for a rookie. He still provides value to the team with the glove. 

Oh, I 100% agree that Robert needs to play simply due to the fact he is our best outfielder. With that said, we should pump the breaks on Robert's greatness until he proves he can hit consistently which he has not done and is at this point slumping into a .200 average. I will poo poo on him until I think he figures it out. When that happens, I will celebrate that success with everyone else. Until then, criticism is warranted especially when others poo poo on other players on our roster for hitting just as poorly. 

47 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Luis Robert is now hitting .235 and hitting worse than Grandal. 

At this rate, he'll be batting .200 by season's end. Yes, I am being a party pooper, but without Robert swinging it, our chances of winning in the playoffs are 50-50 at best. We need that man swinging lumber and he's swinging a wiffle bat right now. Yuck. 

Otherwise our MVPs are carrying us yet again. TA and Abreu. What a combo this year. Glad to see Dallas pitch well with a limited pitch count. Keep him healthy for the playoffs. 

Maybe you'd like Robert more if his name was Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello or Michaelangelo.

23 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Oh, I 100% agree that Robert needs to play simply due to the fact he is our best outfielder. With that said, we should pump the breaks on Robert's greatness until he proves he can hit consistently which he has not done and is at this point slumping into a .200 average. I will poo poo on him until I think he figures it out. When that happens, I will celebrate that success with everyone else. Until then, criticism is warranted especially when others poo poo on other players on our roster for hitting just as poorly. 

You seem to be missing the rookie part of Robert’s season.

30 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Glad soxtalk manages to poo-poo another great win for the Sox in an awfully tough pitching matchup by citing the low BA of some starters. 

Robert has hit a wall recently. He will be fine, he is incredibly talented and is a hard worker. 50ish bad ABs are nothing unusual over the course of a season, especially for a rookie. He still provides value to the team with the glove. 

Its as if development isn't linear...I honestly question if people shitting on rookies watched Yoan or Eloy last year...(I'm going with a no).

Having said that here is hoping Nomar goes on a May of '17 like tear from here till the end of the world series.

image.png

42 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Have to win the first series first which I qualify as a 50-50 shot with the poop show that is Robert's bat at current. 

I wouldn’t disagree! Hell if we get the Indians, imagine a 3 game series where game 1 is started by Bieber. That’s going to be a complete crapshoot.

If we don’t win this year...enjoy the ride, the players take the experience, and we come back with a hopefully slightly less nightmarish world tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, asindc said:

You seem to be missing the rookie part of Robert’s season.

I am not. The difference is that I expected such struggles while there is an entire thread dedicated to his "greatness" when in fact he has yet to prove anything at this point. My view is "slow the roll" and let it play out. Rookies struggle. Eloy struggled. Yoan struggled (but is struggling again...). The problem is not the talent. It's obvious. However, if any hitter on our roster was batting sub .200 for an entire month during a playoff push, they would also receive criticism. Does this mean I give up on Robert? No. It just means that fans need to dampen their expectations and understand that he is a bit of a black hole in the lineup right now. That's not conjecture. That's just a fact. If we want to do damage in the playoffs, we will need Robert's bat and it is my hope he finds it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soxnfins said:

Mazara bomb is the MVP of the night

Congratulations on your first White Sox Home Run Nomar.

Biggie Smalls Madrigal, your turn!

Another great win, Keuchel worked well out of trouble, Foster was Foster, Ricky pushing all the right buttons as usual.

Cheers!

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

This has been my avatar on a variety of forums for the better part of 15 years of internetting and most jokes have already been done. 

My son loved TMNTs . He's 33 now. I just like how their Italian names fit in with the Anderson spaghetti dinner theme of the evening.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

My son loved TMNTs . He's 33 now. I just like how their Italian names fit in with the Anderson spaghetti dinner theme of the evening.

Growing up as a kid, the show was fun, but the real cool stuff was in the Archie comic series which I would buy every week at Walmart when it came out. 

The avatar is from a specific storyline in the series where a future Raphael and Donatello travel backward to the past to recruit their younger selves to help fight a new enemy in the future. It's a dark series which made it much more fascinating by comparison to the bubble gum version of the TV series/Movies. 

The comic actually predicted the polar caps would melt and flood the coasts. So the majority of New York is underwater in the future. Kinda prophetic considering that was 25 years ago. 

Edited by WookiesOnRitalin

28 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Yeah, at this point 2-6 the rest of the way probably gets it done for winning the division, but it might get dicey.

We’d lose our minds, but yeah, the twins not gaining any ground the last two nights probably clinched it.