AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER

Tnetennba

3 hours ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Luis Robert is now hitting .235 and hitting worse than Grandal. 

At this rate, he'll be batting .200 by season's end. Yes, I am being a party pooper, but without Robert swinging it, our chances of winning in the playoffs are 50-50 at best. We need that man swinging lumber and he's swinging a wiffle bat right now. Yuck. 

Otherwise our MVPs are carrying us yet again. TA and Abreu. What a combo this year. Glad to see Dallas pitch well with a limited pitch count. Keep him healthy for the playoffs. 

This is the winner thread

8 hours ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Oh, I 100% agree that Robert needs to play simply due to the fact he is our best outfielder. With that said, we should pump the breaks on Robert's greatness until he proves he can hit consistently which he has not done and is at this point slumping into a .200 average. I will poo poo on him until I think he figures it out. When that happens, I will celebrate that success with everyone else. Until then, criticism is warranted especially when others poo poo on other players on our roster for hitting just as poorly. 

I know, right?   I just saw in the 16 games in September Tatis, Jr is hitting .193 with an OPS under .650. And we were all saying he's good but turns out he's garbage.  Or maybe, just maybe, baseball players go in slumps.  

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I know, right?   I just saw in the 16 games in September Tatis, Jr is hitting .193 with an OPS under .650. And we were all saying he's good but turns out he's garbage.  Or maybe, just maybe, baseball players go in slumps.  

This is true, which actually supports my thesis that people need to pump the brakes when it comes to anointing players as "legends" or "great" before they actually prove they can do something consistently. The conclusion would be the same for Tatis as it would be for Robert. If Tatis does not start hitting, the Padres will be in trouble in the playoffs. He's currently batting .205 against the Dodgers this year with a .650 OPS. You need your big guys to show up against good teams otherwise it hurts your chances of winning. Saying so does not mean you're a negative nancy. Just acknowledging that a player is struggling and it needs to change soon if the goal is to win. 

Also, Robert is now batting .103 in September with an OPS of .340. This does not mean he is garbage. It just means he's currently hitting like....garbage. 

12 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

This is true, which actually supports my thesis that people need to pump the brakes when it comes to anointing players as "legends" or "great" before they actually prove they can do something consistently. The conclusion would be the same for Tatis as it would be for Robert. If Tatis does not start hitting, the Padres will be in trouble in the playoffs. He's currently batting .205 against the Dodgers this year with a .650 OPS. You need your big guys to show up against good teams otherwise it hurts your chances of winning. Saying so does not mean you're a negative nancy. Just acknowledging that a player is struggling and it needs to change soon if the goal is to win. 

Also, Robert is now batting .103 in September with an OPS of .340. This does not mean he is garbage. It just means he's currently hitting like....garbage. 

The beauty of baseball being a team game means even while others slump others step up.

A pitcher doesn't even have to  be in a slump. Just one inning where he cant locate and you might be down 4-0.

Any time you lose one can point to players who underperformed . Being the best team in the AL means we have already overcome obstacles to get where we are now.

Mazara has been bad , EE not what he has been ,Cishek not good, Moncada injured ,sick, Bummer getting hurt and Robert's long slump.

In a short series an 0 'for from your best players doesnt even constitute a slump yet can have devastating effects.

I'm not telling you anything you dont know just as you telling us Robert currently sucking hurts our chances.

We just must trust that they pick each other up. Trust the depth of the team talent and the ability to rise to the occasion. Failure is more likely for teams with worse records than the Sox and a short Series might even out the odds a bit but it's the same for every team and I'd rather be able to talk about our playoff chances like this more than every 12 years.

You don't need a thesis to know people get excited about young highly ranked prospects who performed at an MVP pace .

No worries here , just will enjoy what's next.

37 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

I think you are new to baseball.  

37 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The beauty of baseball being a team game means even while others slump others step up.

A pitcher doesn't even have to  be in a slump. Just one inning where he cant locate and you might be down 4-0.

Any time you lose one can point to players who underperformed . Being the best team in the AL means we have already overcome obstacles to get where we are now.

Mazara has been bad , EE not what he has been ,Cishek not good, Moncada injured ,sick, Bummer getting hurt and Robert's long slump.

In a short series an 0 'for from your best players doesnt even constitute a slump yet can have devastating effects.

I'm not telling you anything you dont know just as you telling us Robert currently sucking hurts our chances.

We just must trust that they pick each other up. Trust the depth of the team talent and the ability to rise to the occasion. Failure is more likely for teams with worse records than the Sox and a short Series might even out the odds a bit but it's the same for every team and I'd rather be able to talk about our playoff chances like this more than every 12 years.

You don't need a thesis to know people get excited about young highly ranked prospects who performed at an MVP pace .

No worries here , just will enjoy what's next.

Oh absolutely. This is the beauty of team sports. I do believe Robert will figure it out. He's too talented and surrounded by a lot of great guys (Jose, TA, Eloy). It has been a blast watching the team grow over the last two seasons. We got a talented roster and one of the things I wanted to see from this team is could they hang in tight games and pull them out or play from behind and eventually put themselves in a situation to either tie or win the game. That is a sign of a maturing team. When things start poorly, do they give up or do they anchor down? The boys have done a good job this year fighting in pressure situations against good clubs. They have proven that even if you do beat them, they are difficult to beat in a series as they usually bounce back pretty well the next time out. It's tough to keep a good hitting club down for long, but it does happen if the opposing rotation is filthy. 

I think the resistance here is that I am being critical of a fan favorite rookie who I think is a super special player assuming he can figure things out at the plate. The good news is that he has been so horrible at the plate that he really has no where to go but up. Let's just hope he finds some groove so he can contribute come playoff time.